Does Anyone Have Any Photos of Cable Beach??

islandbound1day

I thought I had made my mind up to go to Cable Beach while in Nassau in October. However I have read so many mixed reviews of the beach. If anyone has any photos of the actual beach area and water at Cable Beach, will you please email me or give me a link. This will be our first time in Nassau and we do not know where to go to enjoy some beach time while we are there from 8-2. Thanks!!

staceybaytes@yahoo.com

Hi there,

I was just in Nassau 3 weeks ago. Here is a picture of Cable Beach:

CableBeach.jpg

I highly recommend this beach~ it was clean and beautiful. We had a rental car, so we parked outside the Nassau Beach hotel (in an adjacent parking lot). We walked through the hotel lobby right to the beach.

There are many food and drink huts all around this area, as well as a lot of rental areas for catamarans, jet skis, parasailing, windsurfing, and banana boats. There are ropes to designate the swimming areas. Also, there are many lounge chairs all over the beach, as you can see in this picture.

The restaurant Johnny Canoes is attached to the Nassau Beach Hotel. We did not eat there, but I've heard that the food is good. Also, directly across the street from the hotel there is a smaller straw market if you want to do any shopping.

Have fun!

Rebekah

Thank you so much. That has helped me decide to go to Cable Beach for sure. We are one month away. Thanks again!

Hi there,

I was just in Nassau 3 weeks ago. Here is a picture of Cable Beach:

CableBeach.jpg

I highly recommend this beach~ it was clean and beautiful. We had a rental car, so we parked outside the Nassau Beach hotel (in an adjacent parking lot). We walked through the hotel lobby right to the beach.

There are many food and drink huts all around this area, as well as a lot of rental areas for catamarans, jet skis, parasailing, windsurfing, and banana boats. There are ropes to designate the swimming areas. Also, there are many lounge chairs all over the beach, as you can see in this picture.

The restaurant Johnny Canoes is attached to the Nassau Beach Hotel. We did not eat there, but I've heard that the food is good. Also, directly across the street from the hotel there is a smaller straw market if you want to do any shopping.

Have fun!

Rebekah

Is it OK just to walk through the hotel to the beach? Are there any public beaches ? I feel wierd about just showing up and using their facilities. What about on paradise island? any public beaches there with bars/snack bars? thanks, lilli

Is it OK just to walk through the hotel to the beach? Are there any public beaches ? I feel wierd about just showing up and using their facilities.

We did walk directly through the hotel because we had called ahead to ask about renting catamarans at the rental facilities they had outside of their hotel. We were not questioned whatsoever~ they didn't seem to have a problem with people walking through there, as long as we weren't dripping wet. They have signs everywhere asking that when you walk through the lobby to make sure you are not dripping.

Although there are numerous hotels along Cable Beach, we asked several locals, and they all confirmed that it is a public beach~ not privately owned by the hotels. There is no cost to go to the beach, and there are several eating and rental huts around that area.

I don't think walking through the lobby is a problem, especially if you intend to purchase any snacks or rental items from the area. We didn't use any of the hotel facilities (pools, hot tubs, bathrooms), so we didn't feel there was an issue with it. Also, when we called ahead to ask about renting the catamarans, they told us to park in the lot near their hotel.

As far as Paradise Island, I believe the beach there is called Cabbage Beach. That also is very pretty. I didn't see any snack huts around the area where we were (the far end near the golf course), but it looked like there were more things as you got closer to the Atlantis (but not actually on their property). There are several public access areas to Cabbage Beach.

Hope this helps!

Archived