CB Review 12/30-1/3

Cruisecrazy25

Hello Everyone!! We just made it home from our 4 night New Year's Eve Cruise on the CB :) Our travel party consisted of my mother, father, Husband, daughter, and step-daughter. This was my step-daughter's first cruise, the rest of us have cruised several times, especially on Princess. Here are some of my thoughts. :)

Food: I didn't encounter a bad meal! Everything was delicious! The buffet had good food and great choices. The desserts this time seemed better than normal at the buffet. My husband enjoyed the food on this cruise better than the Regal in November. We lucked out and had lobster on New Year's Eve even though it was only a 4 night cruise. I don't eat lobster, but my parents and husband said they were delicious.

Entertainment: I had been worried about this cruise because my husband and I were on the CB in June and Lee was not a good cruise director. Then the list had Neal listed as the cruise director and a fellow passenger last cruise told me if I didn't like Lee, Neal was worse haha! I was optimistically hopeful when I saw it changed to Kelly. I must say she was great! Plenty of activities, I was never bored. I'm a big trivia/game show person, and I felt there was plenty to keep me entertained. We met a wonderful couple who we played trivia with and won a couple games. Plenty of things to do including 60 second frenzy, Yes/No Gameshow, The Quest, and Egg Drop Challenge, just to name a few. My mom and daughter enjoyed the production shows. Phil Tag was the comedian, and we only made it to his adult show last night. His jokes were funny, but I could have done without the foul language (just my opinion). Farrell Dillon (I think that's his name, I could be way off) was the Comedian/Magician on board. We loved his show!! Yesterday he did a card trick class which my daughter LOVED! Everyone got a pack of cards and he taught a few card tricks for us to practice! Very well done!!

New Year's Eve is probably my favorite week to cruise. There were several options to ring in the New Year and we chose the balloon drop in the Atrium. It was a lot of fun. There was also a deck party and it looked pretty busy up there also.

My daughter is a seasoned cruiser and Princess is her favorite cruise line. She was looking forward to one last cruise in Pelicans (she is 7). When we arrived they had given her the Shockwaves schedule! Apparently there were so many kids they had to even out the groups and they made a "Junior Shockwaves" group. At first I was worried cause she wanted one last cruise in Pelicans, plus this was my step-daughter's first cruise and wasn't sure how she would be in the club. It ended up being a blessing as they needed their time apart and my daughter LOVED the "Junior Shockwaves" group. As I said, my daughter LOVES Princess, even more than Disney Cruises!!!! They did a lot of great activities and made a lot of crafts! Thumbs up to Princess Kids Clubs as they do a wonderful job!

Overall the staff was great and we only had a few minor "hiccups" I think my biggest complaint would be the lack of bar staff in places like the Piazza, Club Fusion, and Explorer's Lounge. We normally had to walk to the bar ourselves to get our drinks, which isn't my normal experience with Princess.

It was a great cruise and I am still a huge Princess fan!!! Let the countdown begin to my next one!