infant or toddler?

Hi Everyone! My daughter will be 2 when we take our Alaskan cruise in the fall. For the port excursions on Royal Caribbean, is she considered an infant or child? In my experience (mostly with Disney), "children" are ages 3 - 9 and anything under is considered an infant/toddler. Thoughts? I'm just trying to budget accordingly for our excursions.

From the website- sounds like up to 3 is an infant, unless the specific excursion states otherwise.

Excursion Reserving

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Page s.gif

Q: Are there any special prices for children or seniors? s.gif A: Unfortunately, we do not offer discounts. Where applicable, children's Shore Excursions prices pertain to children 12 years of age and under. A parent or guardian must accompany guests under 18 years of age. We must adhere to any age restriction imposed by the tour operator, which is usually referenced within the excursion description.

Depending on the specific excursion, infants within a range on/or about ages 0 to 3 years old (unless tour specifies differently) must sit on parent's lap (i.e. 'lap babies' - not occupying a seat) are free on Shore Excursions. Tour tickets are not issued but once onboard the ship, the Shore Excursions staff must be advised of the infant's participation accordingly.

Shore Excursions pricing is directly linked into the reservation information. The Customer Service Department, (800) 529-6918, should be immediately advised of any guest age error existing within the reservation to ensure correct tour pricing.

s.gif

A 2 year old is NOT an "infant" by any means. A 2 year old is a toddler. They are toddling...and trying to talk...and they're afraid of strangers....Infants do none of that. As far as the ages for excursions, and stuff....under 3 is usually exempt from paying...but not always!

Edited by cb at sea