drink package differences?

kerryincork

What is the difference between premium and classic drinks package? Also what is the cost of them? I was on the MSC website and they give a brief description but no price on them, just a booking form to fill. I don't want to book before I know what the prices are. We will be in baltic this July on the sinfonia. I like a glass of wine at dinner and a couple of cocktails during day. I also love specialty coffees. Would it be worth getting package?

You can enter the details in for your cruise and booking number under book onboard services and that should bring the rice up without you going ahead and booking it.

Classic is for Divina whilst sailing in the US. For European sailings the choice is Allegrissimo or Premium Allegrissimo. Can't remember what the price is this year but last year it was €23 per person per day and I think €44 for the premium.

You don't have to be a big drinker to get your money's worth on the basic Allegrissimo. There are exclusions on the basi one like stuff in your mini bar, champagne and top,end cognacs and single malts. Beer and wine is just bey the glass although often they leave you the bottle especially if you order Prosecco in the MDR. Not all the speciality coffees are included. Typically the more expensive ones with alcohol in them. Anything on the bar menu with a red asterisk is excluded.

I definitely exceed the €23 every day. Cappuccinos in the morning, soft drink or non alcholic cocktail mid morning, bottles of water for my cBin Nd going ashore. Glass of wine or a beer at lunch, some cocktails or Prosecco before dinner, glass or 2 of wine with dinner then an espresso and amaretto or Baileys after dinner. It all adds up and if you prebook, you don't pay the 15% service charge.

What is the difference between premium and classic drinks package? Also what is the cost of them? I was on the MSC website and they give a brief description but no price on them, just a booking form to fill. I don't want to book before I know what the prices are. We will be in baltic this July on the sinfonia. I like a glass of wine at dinner and a couple of cocktails during day. I also love specialty coffees. Would it be worth getting package?

THis is from the UK web site today

allegrissimo_classic_eng NEW

ALLEGRISSIMO CLASSIC ADULT- £29 (per day)

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks including wine by the glass (white, red, rosé and sparkling chosen from the “Allegrissimo Selection”), Draft beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, as well as take-away ice cream in a cone or cup.

ALLEGRISSIMO CLASSIC CHILD- £14 (per day)

Unlimited consumption of soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juices, hot drinks, virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes, as well as take-away ice cream in a cone or cup.

This offer is available on selected departures (Caribbean and MSC Grand Voyages to the Caribbean).The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the Speciality Restaurants. The following items are not included in this offer : cigars and cigarettes; champagne; premium brands; drinks from the mini-bar and water provided in your cabin, souvenir glasses and all food served in Speciality Bars and Restaurants. Other excluded items are detailed in the onboard Bar List, indicated with an asterisk.The package is valid for every day of the cruise and cannot be purchased on a daily basis. It must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation. The package is not available for special cruises and charters.

Allegrissimo Premium

ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM ADULT- £37 (per day)

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine (from the "by the glass" menu), draft and bottled beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and all drinks from the bar (including champagne cocktails, single malt whiskies, superior brandies and other premium spirits), drinks from your minibar and mineral water in your cabin, as well as all items from the 'Gelateria' menu and Pastry Shop and food from the Room Service menu.

ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM CHILD- £18 (per day)

Unlimited soft drinks from the bar (including energizers, fruit juices, mineral water, hot drinks, virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes), non-alcoholic drinks and snacks from your minibar and mineral water in your cabin, as well as all items from the 'Gelateria' menu and Pastry Shop and food from the Room Service menu.

Thee has been a hefty price increase on the classic recently; I only paid £20pppn in November 2014, the premium price is unchanged.

The main difference is the section highlighted in red.

To see what this means here is a link to a 2013 bar list; you can have anything on this list if you have the premium

BUT if you have the classic any item or GROUP of items marked with a RED * is excluded

The list has changed a little since 2013 but if gives you an idea

link :--

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211368&v=3

I find the classic is worth having but would struggle to justify the premium

Both occupants of a cabin must purchasee the same package; you can not share between cabin buddies.

Hope this helps

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Just checked the UK site for the other Allegrissimo and it is only a slight increase at £22 per person per day. Classic is for the Craibbean and grand Voyages to the Caribbean.

If you're thinking about a Baltic cruise then you're on the £22 per day daily rate. Everyone you're travelling with needs to buy the package though.

Just checked the UK site for the other Allegrissimo and it is only a slight increase at £22 per person per day. Classic is for the Craibbean and grand Voyages to the Caribbean.

If you're thinking about a Baltic cruise then you're on the £22 per day daily rate. Everyone you're travelling with needs to buy the package though.

I've found theEuropean Allegrissimo information

With Allegrissimo, you're free to savour every moment, 24 hours a day, with your favourite beverage. So you can sip a fruit smootie by the pool after your morning swim, enjoy a glass of beer with your lunch, indulge in a classic cocktail before dinner, accompany your meal with some delicious wine and round off a day in the main onboard restaurants, self-service buffet and all bars (not valid in à la carte restaurants).

ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT at £22 (per day)

Unlimited wine by the glass (choice of 2 whites, 1 rosè, 2 reds, 2 sparkling wines - 1 dry and 1 sweet), draught beer, soft drinks, mineral water and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar, as well as take-away ice-cream in a cone or cup.

ALLEGRISSIMO CHILD at £10 (per day)

Unlimited soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juices, hot drinks, virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes, as well as take-away ice-cream in a cone or cup.

* This offer is available on selected departures (Mediterranean, Canary Islands, Northern Europe and Antilles). The package can be booked up to 3 days before departure. It is valid for every day of the cruise and cannot be purchases on a daily basis. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors, who must book the Child version of the package. The Allegrissimo Child package is applicable to children 3-17 years old. Drinks from the mini-bar and water provided in your cabin are not included. Other excluded items are detailed in the onboard Bar List. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except the day of disembarkation. The prices are indicative and subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Please remember to book your drinks package at least a month before you travel as our drinks packages are not bookable within 21 days of departure. Children are defined as young people under the age of 18.

Allegrissimo Premium

The All Inclusive Premium package gives you complete freedom to enjoy a vast range of drinks and refreshmentswhenever and whereever you like. Everything is included, from the pre-dinner gin and tonic in your cabin to unlimited wine and draft beer during meals and your favourite 12-year old malt wisky after dinner in any bar. The package covers unlimited beverages all day in the main restaurants, self-service buffet and bars onboard, as well as drinks from your minibar and mineral water in your cabin. What could be more refreshing?

ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM ADULT at £37 (per day)

Unlimited wine (from the "by the glass" menu), draught and bottled beer, soft drinks, mineral water and all drinks from the bar (including champagne cocktails, single malt wiskies, superior brandies and other premium spirits), drinks from your minibar (except on MSC Melody) and mineral water in your cabin, as well as all items from the 'Gelateria' menu, Chocolate Bar and Pastry Shop and food from the Room Service menu..

ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM CHILD at £18 (per day)

Unlimited soft drinks from the bar (including energizers, fruit juices, mineral water, hot drinks, virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes), non alcoholic drinks and snacks from your minibar and mineral water in your cabin, as well as all items from the 'Gelateria' menu, Chocolate Bar and pastry Shop and food from the Room Service menu.

This offer is available on selected departures (Mediterranean, Canary Islands, Northern Europe and Antilles). The package can be booked up to 3 days before departure. It is valid for every day of the cruise and cannot be purchases on a daily basis. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors, who must book the Child version of the package. The Allegrissimo Premium Child package is applicable to children 3-17 years old. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except the day of disembarkation. The prices are indicative and subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Please remember to book your drinks package at least a month before you travel as our drinks packages are not bookable within 21 days of departure. Children are defined as young people under the age of 18.

Pete

We saved big time using the package, it really is worth doing.

Re. coffee. For the first few days we were had any of the speciality coffee's (except the ones with spirits on the back page) but later in the week we were told it was a mistake and that we were only allowed espresso, cappuccino etc. not moccachino, caramello and others. It was no great shakes as the others were a little too sweet for us, but on checking the menu all the items had a star (albeit beige coloured not red). Looks like we did well for the first few days.