New to RCCL

Happy Sunday All!!!

Myself (DW 44 ), DH (42) and DD (16) are looking to cruise on either Oasis or Allure in 2015. We have only cruised on Carnival, which we've been happy with. However, we are very intrigued with these "MEGA" ships.

Clearly, with DD being a sophomore in HS, we are limited in our timeframes.

April vacation is out, as DH is a CPA, and DD's schedule doesn't work for him this year.

So, that leaves the end of June, or the entire summer.

We prefer oceanview balconies, but from what I can see, we are looking at 5K.:eek::eek:

Any tips or tricks to finding lower fares in the summer, without resorting to an inside cabin?

TIA:D:D

Edited by KPfromCT
wrong year

Pray? Do you wish to make the cruise a vacation or the ship? THen go from there. RCCL has some other great ships

Not impressed with EITHER itinerary, so this trip would really be more about the ship itself. Just stinks when you have kids in high school and a husband who is a CPA, with tax season not ending until 4/15 :mad::mad:

Not impressed with EITHER itinerary, so this trip would really be more about the ship itself. Just stinks when you have kids in high school and a husband who is a CPA, with tax season not ending until 4/15 :mad::mad:

What's a CPA?

Certified Public Accountant.

or

Cruise Program Administrator.

Certified Public Accountant. And he just made partner in his firm, so there is ZERO chance of him slipping out "early" as he has been able to in the past.:mad:

The Oasis and Allure are destinations on their own.

Don't let the cabin type be the deal breaker for you. There are ocean view cabins also, with windows, if you would consider those. If you are looking to book a cabin for three, a quad, don't wait as they fill fast.

The further along into the summer, the higher the pricing. You will hardly be in your cabin anyway as there is so much to do. :)

The Oasis and Allure are destinations on their own.

Don't let the cabin type be the deal breaker for you. There are ocean view cabins also, with windows, if you would consider those. If you are looking to book a cabin for three, a quad, don't wait as they fill fast.

The further along into the summer, the higher the pricing. You will hardly be in your cabin anyway as there is so much to do. :)

I really hate to say this, but we ARE balcony "snobs". We like to sit out there at night with a glass of wine, and have breakfast and coffee in the morning. I guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled for lower rates. Thank you!:D

You're sort of screwed for this summer, as only Oasis will be available for the Caribbean, thus driving up prices as supply is down. Allure will be in the Med End of April until Oct. So, with only the one ship, during peak summer season, prices will be at a premium.

Consider perhaps a Boardwalk balcony, which can be less expensive than an Oceanview balcony, or even a Central Park balcony, which can be less expensive still. With a Boardwalk balcony, you'll still see the ocean some, but main views are of the Boardwalk... And CP the views are of the beautiful park area. Unique balcony opportunities as you won't find them on other ships....

Or, seriously consider a different category for the one week to save $$$. While I completely understand being a balcony snob and enjoying the space and privacy, sometimes it just doesn't work out. Lots of beautiful quiet places to enjoy a glass of wine and contemplate life if you can't get a good price on a balcony...or, since your daughter is a sophomore, consider taking her out of school for a week....Most schools will give her the work to make up, and you can pick a less expensive week. Just a thought.

Good luck. With the reduced inventory, it's going to be tough this summer.

When does school start? We're lucky, school here doesn't start until after Labor Day. So we always go on vacation the week before, when it's cheaper than the rest of the summer. Of course it's also the height of hurricane season. If you can go at the end of August you can get a balcony for under $4,000.

I booked last May for our cruise this June on oasis. We got two balcony cabins, one ocean view and one across the hall in boardwalk balcony. A total of $5500. With gratuities paid and on board credit. Hopefully this will come along for you. Keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums