Customer Service - A Good Experience

themutis

We always hear when things don't go right or when there is an issue with Celebrity Customer service, so I thought I would share my recent experience.

I called this morning to change my cabin. There was literally no wait time and I was speaking with a customer service representative almost immediately. She was able to change my cabin, make sure all my promotions stayed in place, and email me an updated itinerary. She was competent and polite.

As soon as I hung up I cursed myself since I forgot to note her name and direct number (for future calls).

Sometimes things do go right and sometimes Celebrity does come through.

We always hear when things don't go right or when there is an issue with Celebrity Customer service, so I thought I would share my recent experience.

I called this morning to change my cabin. There was literally no wait time and I was speaking with a customer service representative almost immediately. She was able to change my cabin, make sure all my promotions stayed in place, and email me an updated itinerary. She was competent and polite.

As soon as I hung up I cursed myself since I forgot to note her name and direct number (for future calls).

I think that in fact MOST times this is the case. :D

I've called several times about our current booking (changed cabins twice, upgraded our beverage package) and also had prompt, courteous service. I agree that problems are much more likely to be reported, it's like that in a lot of industries.

Called this morning to upgrade from CC to AQ. Person on the phone was great but she said she'd have to call someone to confirm the free upgrade from A2 to A1. Even she had issues getting through and it took probably 10 minutes but she stayed with me. Put me on hold but kept coming back saying she was still waiting. I just had it on speaker phone so it was no issue from my side.

enjoy

Our experience has also been that things usually go smoothly when we call Celebrity.

It may require waiting on hold for a while before someone answers the phone, but once they pick up, they almost always take care of whatever we need, politely and efficiently, or transfer us to someone else who does.

In general, people are more likely to report when things happen that are either unusually good or unusually bad, or just plain unusual, than when things go smoothly as expected.