Wheelchair Assistance at Galveston

idlenote

We are sailing on the Magic next Sunday and we have one person in our group who is getting over a leg injury. She can walk for short distances but we are worried about her having to stand in line for a long time during the boarding process. From the Carnival web site FAQ's they have the following re wheelchair assistance:

All guests requiring assistance must enter the embarkation lobby where one of our team members can assist you. For assistance with debarkation, instructions on where to meet can be found in the FunTimes the last evening of the cruise. Wheelchair assistance is not available in visiting ports of call.

Can anyone confirm that it is this easy? If we can get her on and off with assistance at Galveston I think she will be fine for all the ports of call.

TIA

Jim

When you get to the door, just tell someone you need assistance on the ship. Depending on what time you arrive, there can be a wait.

Getting off, just go to guest services the day before and let them know. Again, depending, there can be a wait.

• 1 year later...

I was wondering the same thing. My Mom doesn't require a wheelchair but she can't stand on her feet for long periods of time. We've never been to Galveston. Are there places where one may be standing in line for a long time without any places to sit? We are sailing the Magic and have a 12-12:30 check in time.

I was wondering the same thing. My Mom doesn't require a wheelchair but she can't stand on her feet for long periods of time. We've never been to Galveston. Are there places where one may be standing in line for a long time without any places to sit? We are sailing the Magic and have a 12-12:30 check in time.

hi there

My answer is " yes ". There are many times when you may have to stand for a while without anywhere to sit. That would be the case for airports as well.

My suggestion is, if possible consider either using (renting) a wheelchair or a walker that has a seat. There is so much walking or standing around on a cruise. It just isn't worth having to experience that kind of discomfort. If someone is going to hurt it will ruin their day.

A walker or a wheelchair will be accommodated by the airlines and can easily be brought into the cabin and put in a corner.

have a great cruise

hi there

My answer is " yes ". There are many times when you may have to stand for a while without anywhere to sit. That would be the case for airports as well.

My suggestion is, if possible consider either using (renting) a wheelchair or a walker that has a seat. There is so much walking or standing around on a cruise. It just isn't worth having to experience that kind of discomfort. If someone is going to hurt it will ruin their day.

A walker or a wheelchair will be accommodated by the airlines and can easily be brought into the cabin and put in a corner.

have a great cruise

Thank you!