beverage card question

peug

Make sure you ask about wines. There were two sub $7 whites available that I wouldn't have expected based on what's on the lists. One was a Sauvignon Blanc by Nobilo. The other was probably a Pinot Grigio. I wasn't paying close enough attention to be certain. The important thing to remember is to ask. I have a feeling that there's more available than most of us suspect. I know that it's true in my case. :)

Edited by POA1

• 1 year later...

We will be receiving a Signature Beverage Card each as a promo. Can cocktails be ordered using it in the Dining Room? Also, a Glass only of wine in the dining room with this card?

Also, I have not be able to locate the price of wine by the glass?

Edited by PWCmum

We will be receiving a Signature Beverage Card each as a promo. Can cocktails be ordered using it in the Dining Room? Also, a Glass only of wine in the dining room with this card?

Short answer is yes. Last time I checked, you could get Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon by the glass. There's usually some sort of sparking option, typically a prosseco or whatever the HAL French sparkler is. Usually a Charmat that's agreeable, but far from special.

Yes, it can. But there are only a handful of wines available by the glass under this plan.

What exactly are you getting?

There is the Beverage Card and then there is the Signature Beverage PACKAGE.

There is a difference between the 2 of them.

Make sure you ask about wines. There were two sub $7 whites available that I wouldn't have expected based on what's on the lists. One was a Sauvignon Blanc by Nobilo. The other was probably a Pinot Grigio. I wasn't paying close enough attention to be certain. The important thing to remember is to ask. I have a feeling that there's more available than most of us suspect. I know that it's true in my case. :)

I believe the new price for drinks is now $8.00. Taking the following from HAL site; "Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at a $8.00 or lower menu price. Up to 15 beverages...":D

D

I believe the new price for drinks is now $8.00. Taking the following from HAL site; "Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at a $8.00 or lower menu price. Up to 15 beverages...":D

D

You are correct. This thread was started in 2015, though.

What exactly are you getting?

There is the Beverage Card and then there is the Signature Beverage PACKAGE.

There is a difference between the 2 of them.

We are receiving two Signature Beverage Packages as a promo gift. Any drinks up to $8. Up to 15 drinks each a day.

The cruise previously we purchased Beverage Cards at $250. each. Those were very handy to have.

Edited by PWCmum

I had the Explore 4 promo on the Maasdam last summer. We just used our room key when we ordered drinks. All soda (Coke products) was in cans. I brought a water bottle with its own filter so I never had bottled water from the ship. There were no additional service charges. I'm looking forward to this same promo not month on the Nieuw Amsterdam!

Edited by AnnieBelle

We are receiving two Signature Beverage Packages as a promo gift. Any drinks up to $8. Up to 15 drinks each a day.

The cruise previously we purchased Beverage Cards at $250. each. Those were very handy to have.

Thank you for coming back and explaining what you got.

We had the Explore4 this past fall. We like Grey Goose on the rocks and it was covered by the Signature Beverage Package as it was $7.95. Some people drink a lot and will buy this package on their own. To us, buying the package is not worth it.

Just do I don't have to keep track of a lot of receipts, we buy the Beverage Cards -- $250 ones. Once we buy drinks, I just check the amount and throw away the old receipt. Plus -- with the Beverage Cards we can buy bottles of wine -- can't do that with the Signature Beverage Package.

Enjoy your cruise.

You are correct. This thread was started in 2015, though.

Thanks POA1, I occasionally get caught up in old posts as I keep forgetting to check dates. I should pay more attention.:o

I have the package for the first time [March 27 NA] and am looking forward to trying a variety of cocktails that I would never try [too cheap].:D It would be challenging for me to drink the max 15 drinks and still be walking.

D

• 4 weeks later...

Can you tell us how much a bottle of White House wine in the MDR is likely to be? And does the 15% service charge get added automatically and taken off any Beverage Card you purchase? Thanks!

Can you tell us how much a bottle of White House wine in the MDR is likely to be? And does the 15% service charge get added automatically and taken off any Beverage Card you purchase? Thanks!

The Santa Carolina Chardonnay was $24 last time on board. That's 27.60 with service charge. But since you already paid the SC when you bought the beverage card, it would only be charged $24.

The Signature Beverage Package Card is for a package, while the other one is more like a gift card.

Edited: Ruth's answer is better than mine. I didn't see it before I posted.

As of sometime last year, HAL raised most drink prices from $6.95 up to $7.50. This obviously would not work with the $7 per drink limit on the SBP, so they simultaneously raised that limit to $8 per drink. No service charge is added to the drink price, because when you purchase the package, you pay the 15% service charge at the same time. The great part of the SBP as part of the Explore-4 promotion is that the service charge is included in the package, so no extra 15% is added to your daily account.