Mahogany bay

kentuckychris

West Bay has really good snorkeling from shore and excellent snorkeling just a ways off shore (in a small boat for hire). Mahogany Bay is a silty bottom and you have to head out toward the entrance to tthe cove to be able to really see any fish and I don't think there's any coral there at all.

West Bay has really good snorkeling from shore and excellent snorkeling just a ways off shore (in a small boat for hire). Mahogany Bay is a silty bottom and you have to head out toward the entrance to tthe cove to be able to really see any fish and I don't think there's any coral there at all.

Thanks! West Bay it is. We went there our one time we were in Roatan and loved the beach and snorkeling. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't better at Mahogany.

Did you just take a cab to West Bay? Is so, do you remember what you paid round trip per person?

Thx for letting us know beach loungers are still free~ How much were the Flying Chairs?? Cheaper if purchased on the ship or should you buy the tickets on shore?

IMO, the flying chairs aren't worth the cost at any price. You can walk to the beach in about the same length of time the chair can take you. Mobility problems might be a reason to look into the chairs. I believe though purchase on the ship is through packages which include other amenities like clam shell loungers that are extra at the beach.

Is the beach at Mahogany Bay free or do you have to pay to go there? I know the extra stuff costs but just to sit on the beach is it free?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Beach and regular loungers are still free. All else is ala carte.

We recently purchased Amish bedroom furniture. We are hoping to find large shell like shaped wood products or conch shells with silver to use as catch-all on our end tables.

Do I have an opportunity to find something similar near the port?

There is an open front area at the left end of the cruise port shopping area, near the main entrance that has Roatan/Honduran items. You might find something there. Otherwise you need to visit the shops like Yaba Ding Ding in Coxen Hole or Made in Roatan in the West End Village to find these items.

Crewsweeper~ mobility is exactly the problem for a few people in our group. We walked over last time and were able to ride it back~ The view is pretty neat from up there

Peggy, I think you'll find the cruise ship tickets for the flying chairs to also include other items like clam shell lounger use. But that may vary. Otherwise the chairs are $12 pp for all day, unlimited use. and unless someone else says differently (as many things/rules/options at MBCC have changes recently), you can purchase the tickets once there.