Culebra Island

trippingpara

We're staying a couple extra days after our cruise that departs from San Juan. We were hoping to go to Culebra Island on the Monday following the cruise. As I'm conducting the research, I'm seeing a lot of problems with getting tickets for the 9:00 ferry out of Farjardo. I know that we can fly out of Isla Grande in OSJ but that's a bit pricey. Does anyone have some recent experience or knowledge of the ferry service? I don't want to rent a car, drive an hour and a half to Farjardo to find out that I can't get on the ferry!

The ferry is government run and, I'm embarrassed to say, extremely unreliable. When I go to Culebra, I fly there. The only other alternative is to get on one of the one-day excursions available from Fajardo. Sorry I can't recommend a specific outfit as I am local, but I'm sure you can find one easy enough.

We're staying a couple extra days after our cruise that departs from San Juan. We were hoping to go to Culebra Island on the Monday following the cruise. As I'm conducting the research, I'm seeing a lot of problems with getting tickets for the 9:00 ferry out of Farjardo. I know that we can fly out of Isla Grande in OSJ but that's a bit pricey. Does anyone have some recent experience or knowledge of the ferry service? I don't want to rent a car, drive an hour and a half to Farjardo to find out that I can't get on the ferry!

all depends when you travel...if you drive to Fajardo on monday get there about 6am..on non long weekend you can buy the tickets there..but must be there berfore 6am..for a 9am ferry...there you can buy the 5pm return ticket..or

http://www.culebraferry.com/