Seattle pier to airport travel time

chazzeek

we will be on Carnival this summer round trip from Seattle and are getting flights booked. We return on Tuesday morning, how long does it take to get to the airport, and is the Seattle airport usually run smooth?

there is a particularly appealing 11:30 flight although that early would make me very nervous. dealing with a 2 hour time change makes landing times back home a bear. I know I will probably get a lot of grief for even wanting to book such an early flight, but I'm ready for it.

Also which pier does Carnival use? I have seen two different piers mentioned.

The pier won't matter as far as departure time goes, they're only a couple of minutes apart. I lived the same distance and share mostly the same route you'll take and wouldn't leave home until 9:30 for an 11:30 flight. The airport runs smoothly but avoid southwest if you can, the lines for their baggage check were frequently insane for popular travel times, although I doubt Tuesday morning will be bad.

If 11:30 is clearly the best time, and you're able to do a self walk off debarcation with your bags, I wouldn't worry about it, even with potential traffic. Take a cab once you get off, not the carnival airport transfer bus. If you're a nervous traveller or get worked up if you're not sitting at the gate 2 hours before your flight, opt for a later departure.