RCCL Credit Card and Shareholders Benefit

I have the RCCL credit card and have about 15,000 points--what can I get with these points? Upgrade? Cruise Credit? Anyone one have any stories to share on how they got the "best" deal using the points?

Also-is the shareholder benefit still in effect? If so-can you send me the link?

Linda/Ohio

Enchantment 1998

Westerdam 1999

Brilliance 2002

Majesty 2003

Empress 2004

Enchantment 2005

Majesty 2005

Thinking about something for November 2005!!!

I have the RCCL credit card and have about 15,000 points--what can I get with these points? Upgrade? Cruise Credit? Anyone one have any stories to share on how they got the "best" deal using the points?

Also-is the shareholder benefit still in effect? If so-can you send me the link?

I don't have the credit card, but here's the link for the stockholder's benefit, and yes, it's still good. They seem to habitually renew it.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media...enefit_2005.pdf

Carol

I have copies of the actual 5,000 point certificates. We chose the $50 onboard credit for each one we had. The other options they give you for redeeming 5,000 points are:

Stateroom Upgrade on 3/4 night Bahama or Baja sailng ($100 max)

2 Waffle Robes (delivered onboard)

Picnic for 2 (wine, pretzels, crackers)

RCCL Logo Packet (2 towels, 2 cameras and 2 messenger bags)

RCCL Logo wear (2 polo shirts and 2 baseball caps)

We'll be doing our second upgrade from outside to balcony in January. It's a $500 "benefit" for 25,000 points, double the amount given for, say, onboard credit.

Were you able to book a specific balcony cabin or did you have to book the outside and then them assign the balcony?

book a specific balcony cabin
In truth, it's a maximum of $500 off a balcony cabin. We chose the cabin we wanted (7152, corner aft-YEAH!!!), and they compared its price to an outside. When we booked, I think the balcony just happened to be $500 more than the outside, so we got full value for the discount. The Platinum discount even applied.

We'll be doing our second upgrade from outside to balcony in January. It's a $500 "benefit" for 25,000 points, double the amount given for, say, onboard credit.

jwlane - Or anyone else:

Could you please explain the steps you took to get this upgrade? Did you first book the cruise and then call MBNA? Or do you have to call them first?

Thank you

I too was curious how the 25,000 point upgrade works. Didn't matter next cruise because it is only $240 total for 2 people for an upgrade from highest oceanview to D1 balcony. Not sure how it works but even lowerst price ocenview to highest balcony is only $340 more. Anyway, so how does it work. Seems the place to take advantage of it would be a short majesty cruise. Only balconies are at least JS too :D

Anyone?

Dawna

I just used the upgrade points on AOS last week. I had already booked the balcony cabin I wanted last year. I then saved my points. When I made my final payment to my TA, she called RC and told them about my coupon from their VISA card. RC deducted the difference between an inside to a balcony from our final payment.

I had already booked the balcony cabin I wanted last year. I then saved my points.
Book, earn, then get the coupon when you've got the points (but, be sure not to get it more than 180 days before the cruise, just to avoid any problems with certificate expiration).

Archived