Universal Studios or Seaworld via Port Canaveral?

Both of these are less than ideal going from a ship tour. Depending on the day- these attractions can have extremely long lines and many waits. When I go to these parks- and Disney- I am always there BEFORE it opens and the first into the park. So determine if you are going to be happy with only a few attractions that you will see?? Allow at least an hour and half transfer each way.

I agree but I'll add:

Universal Studios is going to have many rides to choose from so the # of things you do may be more - on the other hand, because there is SO MUCH to do, you may feel you barely had time to do anything.

Good thing is - you go to one area (laid out like a wheel with spokes)and each ride is near each other - you can get that area done and move onto another.

Sea World attractions are more sprawled out involving more time to walk from here to there.

There ARE many animal exhibits along the way that you can stop at but the major attractions and shows are purposely spread out.

I would say Sea World is for those that want a more relaxed pace, and Universal for those who want fast paced excitement.

DO you want to get wet?

Sea World only has Journey to Atlantis - likely long line at time you are arriving - well done & worth the wait IMHO

In Islands of Adventure I think there were a couple of get wet activities and you could walk right in to join the fun:

Bluto's Barge (not sure of name) - ship with water guns etc.

Curious George area - big ball guns and some wacky waterworks type thing.

Again, I'm not sure of the name of the play areas but I would compare the two parks online and head to the one that offers more walk-up, rather than qeue attractions to hedge your bet for more fun than waiting.

Have fun!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did the Universal Studios excursion on 7/9. The buses began boarding at 7:30 am and left around 8 a.m. We arrived at the park about 9 a.m. and everything was open. No lines -- just walked right into the park.

The park was really crowded that day, but the longest wait we had was about 40 minutes (for Shrek).

The buses left Universal about 5:15 - the last one left at 5:30.

If you plan it right, you can see every attraction at Universal in one day. Plus, you can get express passes for nearly every ride.

Not sure if they offer the express pas for IOA.

Archived