Pre & Post cruise shuttle & hotel Mco-PC

cruisinthemed

I need help finding the best rates for staying one night (Feb.14, 2015) and getting to PC for a cruise the 15th. I don't care if We (son & I) stay near MCO or get to PC area the 14th or 15th AM.

We will also need to get back to MCO by 8 AM on the 23rd. So doesn't matter if we go back after disembarking the 22nd and stay near MCO.

Looking for clean, safe hotel and reliable transportation to & from airport to hotel & cruise terminal. On a budget and not at all familiar with the area. Please, if you have time & info...help:)

I wasn't planning on making all the arrangements, and doing this on a budget...life circumstances have forced changes. I am a little overwhelmed.

Thanks, Shelly

PC is about a 45-50+ minute drive straight east from the Orlando airport. Since you are flying in a day early the easy and cheap solution is an inexpensive one-way car rental (MCO to PC/Cocoa Beach) - all of the major agencies have offices there and offer free shuttles to the port.

We now prefer to stay in the Orlando area instead of near the port -- works better if you are arriving in Orlando late. If you are arriving earlier in the day you might prefer to head to the coast and stay near the port.

Post cruise I would not book a flight earlier than noon. Cocoa Beach Shuttle will get to from PC to MCO in a shared shuttle for about $25+ per person (the cruise transfer bus will be at least twice that amount). If you have a late flight you could do another one-way car rental back to MCO.

Good luck! :)

PC is about a 45-50+ minute drive straight east from the Orlando airport. Since you are flying in a day early the easy and cheap solution is an inexpensive one-way car rental (MCO to PC/Cocoa Beach) - all of the major agencies have offices there and offer free shuttles to the port.

We now prefer to stay in the Orlando area instead of near the port -- works better if you are arriving in Orlando late. If you are arriving earlier in the day you might prefer to head to the coast and stay near the port.

Post cruise I would not book a flight earlier than noon. Cocoa Beach Shuttle will get to from PC to MCO in a shared shuttle for about $25+ per person (the cruise transfer bus will be at least twice that amount). If you have a late flight you could do another one-way car rental back to MCO.

Good luck! :)

Do you have a recommendation for hotel by MCO. I am getting some crazy rates for pkgs. to get us from MCO, stay per & post cruise 1 night each & transfers to port from hotel in cocoa beach...example (--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I got clarification on a couple questions from Sheraton...They want an additional $25 for a 6:40 am shuttle back to airport on the 23rd. $6.00 pp each way to port & $8.00pp for breakfast. I think that helps to make my decision...not staying there! lol ) this is stressing me out;(

This site might help you: http://www.mcohotels.com/

My mother swears by the BW and we were happy a couple of years ago with La Quinta. We typically stay away from the airport (more shopping options for my wife and daughters :o).

I would rent a car - cheaper than a shuttle and gives you some flex for shopping and dining instead of being limited to eating at the hotel or walking distance. Plus you leave in the morning when you want to, drop the car an hour or so later in PC/Cocoa Beach, and shuttle to the ship. Your other option is to use the hotel shuttle to get back to MCO and catch a shared shuttle (Cocoa Beach shuttle or another) from the airport to the ship.

www dot carrentals dot com is one source for comparing rental rates from many companies. Good luck! :)

We have used the La Quinta Orlando Airport North. I would use them again in a heartbeat. It's a decent, clean hotel that is located in a safe area near the airport. There are many restaurants within walking distance. The hotel offers an airport shuttle and a complimentary hot breakfast.

http://www.lq.com/en/findandbook/hotel-details.orlando-airport-north.html#.VKyi07A3PmI

For transportation from your Orlando area hotel to Port Canaveral and back, I could recommend TravelLynx Shuttle Service. http://www.travelynxusa.com/shuttle-service-orlando.php

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr