Specialty Dining Package Question

SSFrance69

Does anyone know if you book only one dinner in advance, once you get on board, can you upgrade and purchase a dining package for an additional two dinners (three night package)?

Thanks!

SSFrance69 -

I cannot speak to or answer your specific question, but I CAN tell you what happened to me in 2013 while on the Reflection.

Prior to embarking the ship I had planned to purchase a 5-night specialty dining package for two people. When I called up Celebrity to do this, I found out that there was only a single 5-night package left but several 4-night packages. I said that I would go ahead and buy a 5-night and a 4-night package.

In my mind, I figured once on board I would just pay for a single cover at the going rate for the other person at which ever restaurant it was that wasn't covered in the 4-night package.

Once on the ship I inquired at Murano about confirming for my Day 2 reservation and a few other questions I had. During that conversation, the topic of my "miss matched" dinner packages came up. The Maitre D at Murano said that they could credit back to me the cost of the 4-night package and then charge for me a 5-night package (so that I would have two packages with 5-nights each).

This is also how I discovered that Celebrity holds back dining packages for sale on the ship.

It's possible that they (any of the Celebrity on-board specialty dining Maitre D) would work with you to give you a credit for a single dinner and sell you a package. However, if they are available now, I would recommend to purchase in advance of getting on the ship.

However, if you have OBC that you would prefer to use to pay for the dining package, then you could wait till you board the ship and stop by the specialty dining desk in the terminal or with any Maitre D on the ship and they may be able to help you out. No guarantee that there will be any packages left.

Hope this helps... and enjoy your cruise!

You should have no problem doing what you asked. It is possible I suppose that they could be sold out of packages, but most likely not. We have upgraded to a three package once onboard and even when we haven't I have just about always (perhaps always, not sure) seen them trying to sell packages. The advantage of buying onboard is that you can see if decent times are available. We had an issue with that when buying a 5 dinner package ahead of time as you can only pre-book one night.