RCI vs Carnival

moeferg

I am thinking about taking a RCI cruise from Baltimore. Could do either Carnival Pride or RCI Grandeur of the Seas. I have done 4 other cruises on Carnival. I was just wondering how RCI compares. What kind of differences will I notice?

We have taken Grandeur twice out of Baltimore. You can read my reviews by clicking on links in my signature.

Have not taken Pride, but met several people on Grandeur who sailed on both - they had nothing but good things to say about her. I remember one person telling me that Pride MDR was better than Grandeur, but Grandeur had better buffet. I think also Grandeur has more live music than Carnival. The other big difference is that Grandeur has 6 and 7 day cruises to Bermuda :).

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

RCI - Theme Park at sea

CCL - Party Barge

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I think is marvelous, you may abhor. What I think is unbearable, you may enjoy.

You'll never know till you try.

Go for it !!!

Edited by Calgon1

RCI - Theme Park at sea

CCL - Party Barge

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I think is marvelous, you may abhor. What I think is unbearable, you may enjoy.

You'll never know till you try.

Go for it !!!

Grandeur is far from a theme park at sea...lol. She is one of the smaller, more elegant cruise ships. ;).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

RCI - Theme Park at sea

CCL - Party Barge

I don't think either of those stereotypes apply to these 2 ships.

I am thinking about taking a RCI cruise from Baltimore. Could do either Carnival Pride or RCI Grandeur of the Seas. I have done 4 other cruises on Carnival. I was just wondering how RCI compares. What kind of differences will I notice?

I have been on both ships. Carnival Spirit Class and RCI Vision Class are very similar ships. Service will be equal, food will be equal, and the rooms are pretty close in comparison. However, where I give Grandeur the advantage is the ship itself. Grandeur is a much more pretty ship than Pride. Pride, like many Carnival ships, looks like it was designed inside by someone on LSD.

I'm a huge advocate of not cruising only one line. You miss so much by doing that. If your previous 4 cruises were on RCI, I'd say give the Pride a try, but in your case, I think you should branch out and give RCI a try. I think you'll be impressed by the beauty of their ships.

RCI is a different class imo. Hence the reason they are priced a tad more than Carnival. I have tried both and quite frankly, I will never waiver from RCI again. The perks for coming back ( diamond member with RCI) are outstanding. RCI is a lot cleaner and the food is outstanding compared to others. The Grandeur however, is the vision class ship. One of the smaller ships in the fleet.

You will enjoy it but once you have ventured on the bigger ships it's hard to go back, for me anyway. The entertainment, food and service is first class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailed on the Pride's sister ship twice (Legend) and her space/passenger ratio is great, hardly any lines except for asian food.

Shes also had a very recent dry dock late last year with Guys burgers, a big screen and a Green thunder slide (awesome btw) and other things as well.

Not sailed RCI but if shes anything like her sister (not sure what other CCL ships you have tried), you will have a blast and we found plenty to do even on a 13 day cruise.

Edited by Velvetwater