Leaving From San Juan

BcIcemen

I have a couple of questions

1. Can you check in then get off the ship and bring wine or soft drinks back on?

2.What time is the muster drill?

3. Is there free wifi?(I thought I read that somewhere)

4. How do you get from airport to ship?

I am sure I will have a few more questions but that is it for now. thanks

I have only sailed out of SJPR once but sail away was 10PM. We checked in and left the ship with all on board around 8:30. Drill was 9 ish. Airport to ship I can't help as we flew down a couple of days before. Wifi we were disconnected as that is part of vacation for u. Happy cruising.

Just returned on Sunday. Taxi is so much per cab( I think up to 4 people) plus $1 per piece of luggage. We came on a few days early but from Condado it was $21 plus $3 for our luggage.

I never found free wi/fi except at my hotel. (Maybe I didn't look too hard, as I was on vacation.) We have Verizon and could not get a signal--I believe this recently changed in San Juan.

All aboard by 8:30

Muster 9:30 ish. pm

Sail away is 10pm.

If you want to see the forts at night head directly upstairs following the muster; we were past them fairly quickly.

Most importantly--enjoy. Loved the cruise and loved the Valor.

For debarkation, we were group 8...the port was busy. They called groups 3-8 at one time. We had a porter take our luggage to the van for a post cruise activity and we whizzed thru customs and bi-passed the long lines. Best tip I ever spent! We were through in less than 5 minutes as they have a line just for portered luggage. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a couple of questions

1. Can you check in then get off the ship and bring wine or soft drinks back on?

2.What time is the muster drill?

3. Is there free wifi?(I thought I read that somewhere)

4. How do you get from airport to ship?

I am sure I will have a few more questions but that is it for now. thanks

You can get on and off as many times as you want there is a shop right at the port or CVS just a 5 minute walk . Taxi is about $30 plus $1 per bag from the airport No matter how many you have . Maybe some wifi if you get off and get over to the Sheraton and sit in front of it at the Patio.

Yes, you can check in and then get off the ship and bring back beverages. There is a store in the terminal and a CVS across the street.

The price is per taxi from and is a set rate from the airport to the terminal, with an additional $1 per piece of luggage. The taxi costs are regulated by zone and we were coming from Condado to the cruise terminal rather than the airport, so my rate won't be very helpful.

There was not free Wifi at the cruise terminal or on most of the islands. One island (Barbados, I think) had free Wifi at their terminal. I believe we paid $5 for Wifi at the St. Lucia terminal.

Enjoy your cruise! This itinerary is packed with fun and the Valor is great!

Just returned on Sunday.

All aboard by 8:30

Muster 9:30 ish. pm

Sail away is 10pm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Someone on our roll call mentioned this about dinner on embarkation night. Is it true that there is no early or late dining-- everyone does Your Time Dining this night due to the late departure time?

Someone on our roll call mentioned this about dinner on embarkation night. Is it true that there is no early or late dining-- everyone does Your Time Dining this night due to the late departure time?

Yes, it is Your Time Dining and assigned tables do not eat together on the first night because of the late departure time. You might not even eat in the same dining room that you are assigned on the first night.

True. Pick a time between 5:30 and 8:30 and show up.

We paid $21 + $1 per luggage (doesn't count carry ons) from the airport to Casa Blanca which is about 2 blocks from the pier so the price should be the same. We checked in to the ship and then got off, toured some more, grabbed some wine and reboarded with no problem.

Get off & on as many times as you'd like. Only bring on 1 bottle of wine pp each time when getting on though.

No free wifi in the cruise terminal that I could find. Free cell service though for us.

When you grab your bags and exit the airport doors, there will be a kiosk with several people in line. Sometimes this is a long line but it moves quickly. Get in that line and the guy will write down on a paper # of people, # of bags, and then you'll move ahead & get assigned a taxi. It is probably a 15-20 min ride.