Viking's Paris Hotel Le Meridien Etoile

marchmom

Sorry, I don't have experience with Le Meridien. Our Viking hotel for Nov/15 is the Hotel Rochester Champs Elysees which appears to be more central than Le Meridien.

As for rethinking the trip due to recent events, of course, it's crossed my mind. However, these things can happen anywhere, anytime, even close to or at home. I'm not going to let it stop me from visiting unless advised, by reputable authorities, that it is unsafe to go.

and hotel nice,rooms ok,etc.Only problem is a little farther out from central attraction area and we had to take the metro.Which was a little hike from hotel,2 blocks.We speak little French and was a bit intimidating,got lost a few times.

Can always book hotel on your own and just meet group before transport to ship,as option.

Check with Viking, or have your travel agent do it, to make sure you are booked there. I called last week to upgrade our hotel in Budapest only to learn that we were not staying where I thought we were and they were no longer using the premier hotel that I wanted to book. We were booked into a completely different hotel.

Having said all that that, we stayed at Le Meridien in Paris. It is not centrally located but it is right across the street from the Metro, has bus stops along the street and is about a block from the commuter train. All those transportation options got us into the central area in 10-15 minutes. The included breakfast at the hotel was amazing. The bar and the restaurants in the hotel were very expensive. There's an indoor shopping center across the street with an ATM and a gourmet grocery store (that sold wine).

The hotel concierge desk sold "skip the line" tickets for major sites so that was very helpful.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the replies. I did check with Viking (via chat), the rep said they use Le Meridien. I had read on CC about the other hotel so I wanted to be sure. I wonder if they use a different hotel for another itinerary, maybe?

I still plan to go (unless advised otherwise), but I have to be honest and say the issues are certainly making me want to be extra cautious. That's a long way from home to get into some sort of trouble.

Viking uses many hotels in Paris. I am on a Viking cruise that has me in St. james Albany Hotel. I did stay at the Le Meridien Etoile after an Amawaterways cruise. That was 4 years ago. Location was better than expected. It is close to both the Metro and the RER. There are lots of good restaurants and cafes. Across the street there is a underground mall. Hotel has an excellent breakfast buffet. We did not like the location of our assigned room. Outside rooms are noisey. We requested a change to a quieter room. The change was handled well. Ask for an inside room.

We stayed after our Viking cruise and it was fine. Breakfast good and the shopping center across the street had a handy grocery. I think wi-fi was free in the lobby. We had our own wi-fi hotspot we rented and that was good. We never - other than the included breakfast - ate anything at the hotel. We bought metro tickets at a little tobacconist nearby. We had no problems getting around.