Cheers program break even chart?

tizbo1423

With he new drinks up to $50 deal with Cheers the fishbowl drink s in the red frog pub should be included correct? Imagine 15 of those! Assuming the towers of beer and pitchers drinks from Pool side bars the are not included

From the Cheers FAQ:

Beverages excluded from the program are:

- Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

- Bottles of liquor

- Beverages offered at the gangway

- Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs

- Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

- Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations

I suspect Fishbowls are excluded under the 'Sharing cocktails' rule, and the others you mentioned are explicitly excluded.

Duane

heres the deal, you have to evaluate where your "at" through the 15 drink process.

my choice of drink is Jack and coke, did Cheers on the imagination, 9 drinks in and i was nowhere near where i should have been, i switched and finished the night strong with 6 long islands<----not recommended

Woke up on the bathroom floor the next day still in my formals,

The next day i didnt drink at all,

So for one day it was $100 worth of cheers + grat, worth? IDK, but ill probabaly do it again :)

Like many posters on here - I am not a big drinker even though the bf probably could get his money worth our of the package.

We are doing the Vista TA and seeing how many days at sea we will be, and the fact that on a few occasions I was able to order 6-7 drinks at the Alchemy bar ($9.95 a piece)....I think this time we will buy the package.

$750 a person is big pill to swallow, but I can see that bill could easily be higher if we don't watch it. I'll just load up on milkshakes and sodas on off days.

Does anyone have the pricing for the specialty coffee drinks, milkshakes and energy drinks.

Milkshakes are $3.95

Energy drinks are $4.95

Coffee starts at $1.95 goes up to $3.50/$3.95 for iced/specialty capuccinos.

If you sail out of Texas and a few other states, cheers does not start until late day 2. You cannot have pre-ordered alcohol delivered until day 2 either.

I cannot justify the cost of cheers for my wife and I so I am getting a bottle delivered and getting the Coke program. This worked out pretty well on the Triumph last year.

The Texas and New York situation results in Cheers starting on day 2 when the first bar opens in the morning so you can enjoy a bloody Mary, not late in the day. The kiosk outside of the MDR on brunch days make very good bloody Marys with assorted hot sauces to spice it up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Milkshakes are $3.95

Energy drinks are $4.95

Coffee starts at $1.95 goes up to $3.50/$3.95 for iced/specialty capuccinos.

Specialty coffees without alcohol-you are correct. My 1st I had them "build", I had cappachino, double shot of expresso, hot chocolate and tequila. $7.95. 2nd day, the guy wouldn't do it, so I chose the "chocolate lovers dream" YUM!!! Don't remember the exact ingredients, but had vanilla vodka and was really good. Again $7.95. We had Cheers! If not, it would have been another 15%, added to the $7.95. I also took my own tervis? type cup in order to keep it hotter and plus it was larger than their cups.:)

• 1 month later...
I have not been able to find out for sure, I am assuming you can no longer buy the cheers package starting on the second day of cruise like you previously could, if someone could verify this I would greatly appreciate it.

If you buy the cheers pkg 1 day prior to the cruise or sooner, you save $5 per day or $49.95 vs $45.95 prior purchase.

I called carnival and my understanding is you can buy on second day and you don't pay taxes when your at sea so you save that way also . I'm a first time cruiser but have been doing my homework , I plan on waiting until second day myself but will verify when I get in the ship , Fantasy 14 Feb 15

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You'd save $5 per day by buying prior to boarding. There's not always a tax.

For Texas and NY departures, you can't use Cheers on the first day anyway.

If you buy the cheers pkg 1 day prior to the cruise or sooner, you save $5 per day or $49.95 vs $45.95 prior purchase.
The correct numbers are 54.95 on board and 49.95 pre-cruise. And the only taxes involved are on a per drink basis on embarkation day while still in US waters, the % is based on the state sales tax of the embarkation city. Edited by SNJCruisers

To me, it really doesn't make sense anymore to wait until the 2nd day to purchase Cheers because you will have to pay $5 more per day because of purchasing it onboard. For a 7 night cruise, you would pay (rough numbers) $50 x 7 days = $350. To start on Day 2, you would pay $55 x 6 days = 330. You are only saving $20 total, and would have to pay for all your drinks on the first day. That's not cost effective at all.

Also, with the enhancement of specialty coffees, monster drinks, bottled water, etc., now it's even easier to get to the break-even point each day, without totally trashing your liver. In fact, your break-even point is $5 less per day just by purchasing it in advance. Win-Win!