How to Maximize Time on a 3 Night?

svcalum07

After a few weeks of deciding, my mom has decided that she only wants to do a 3 night Dream cruise for her first time…

(other factors besides cost were taken into account as well).

With losing the day at sea from the 4 night…how can we make the most of our 3 night without feeling like we didn't get to see it all?

I was going to do a beach day at Nassau but I'm thinking that's out since she will probably want to stay on the ship since we won't have the sea day.

Any other advice or tips????

(Thinking of early June unless a FLR comes out for spring break in March).

Thanks!!!

Well, it's a vacation....so do what you want, when you want. You don't need to "do it all"....figure out what the ship offers that REALLY interests you, and just do that! In Nassau, it's easy to hop off the ship, and not stay all day, if you want to.

3 nights is pretty short! It's really 2 1/2 days, since boarding day (day 1) is really only a 1/2 day....

Since you are local, you can get back a good deal of day one by getting as early arrival time as possible, and walk on the ship in swimwear with a cover up. My goal is to be in the pool/hot tub by 11am as everone else is still at the airport.

Also allows you to explore ship before thousands of people come on board.

I suggest that you do not get off the ship in Nassau. There is so much to do onboard the ship that you will want to enjoy your time aboard. We did the three night Dream cruise. We spent the day at Atlantis, our daughter swam with the dolphins. It was wonderful but we were gone almost all day and then we were exhausted that evening. It was pirate night and we skipped the show and watched the fireworks from our balcony. I doubt we will will ever do another three night cruise it was way too hectic as we were the ones trying to do it all.

Skip the stuff you can do elsewhere--don't go to a movie, don't go to the beach in Nassau (stay on the ship). I can go to a day spa at home, so I'd skip that.

Yes, get as early a port arrival time as you can. DO the Art of the THemeship Tour (you'll learn about the ship and it is fun).

From there, you CAN'T do it all. DOn't try. Do what appeals to you.

Thanks everyone!! Due to pricing (at this time) and no discounts, that is why we have chosen the 3 night. This is a birthday/Christmas present for me so I'm not helping to pay…only if I choose to upgrade to a Verandah, which I probably will :)

I figured we would get off at Nassau only to get our picture taken by the sign and maybe walk through the market…is that even safe to do? Last cruise we did the beach day at Atlantis but being that I live in FL, I can visit the beach when I want to….and pray we can dock at CC!!!

I've already ruled out the spa and movie (only if we are really searching for something to do.)

I'm hoping they still have the optional dress-up night and pirate night on the 3 night!

Do they still let you on if you have a later PAT? In 2013, our PAT was 1:00pm and we were on the ship at 11:30, left Disney at 9am. When my roommate went out of Miami on the Wonder in November, her PAT was 1:30 and they didn't start letting anyone on until around 1:00.

Secretly, I'm hoping a really great deal for FL Res. opens up in March or even June for the 4 night and we can switch (continent upon mom's flights).

Thanks everyone for your help..if you have any other tips including stateroom locations, that would be wonderful! A lot of the categories for our cruise are VGT so I'm trying to decide if I should save the $96 and just let Disney pick the cheaper category or be guaranteed what I would wish to have deck 6: forward, starboard, verandah.

Edited by svcalum07

Your PAT is port arrival time, not boarding time. It is tied to your computer boarding card number. Yes, if your number comes up before your scheduled time, they will allow you to board. BUT if you arrive before your PAT, you may be kept waiting for a significant amount of time.

Typically, they announce "open boarding" about 12:30 or 1:00. This means that they are no longer using the boarding number system and anyone may board as soon as they have checked in.

To get on board ASAP, get the best PAT you can, and be there a little early!