LIVE From the ALLURE, 11 Jan 2015, With Trainman-2, Judith, and LYRIC

I am green with envy. Love, love, love Abba.

Seems like this cruise has been perfect for all of you. Lyric is just a doll and reminds me so much of our granddaughter. You and Judith are so lucky to have Ally & Lyric a part of your lives.

Trust me when I say you haven't missed much here in the weather department! It's been cloudy, rainy and very cold all week. You were on our minds tonight though. We drove up to Martins for dinner. Please bring home some of that warmth and sunshine. We need it!

Enjoy your last couple of days.

Cathy

We had dinner Thursday night in Giovanni's Table and it was wonderful!

Giovanni's was everything dining in a Specialty Restaurant should be!

DSCN2006_zps4838862d.jpg

Our waiter suggested appetizers and brought his suggestions plus two we requested and placed them in the center of the table, family style.

DSCN1997_zpse45a214f.jpg

The Main Courses were served promptly after we finished the appetizers and our waiter had two helpers carry everything out to the table. He checked back often to make sure we were pleased and to see if we needed anything.

The food was excellent, prepared just right, and served hot.

Lyric's eyeballs bugged right out when our waiter rolled the desert cart up next to her and asked what she wanted.

DSCN2007_zpsce4df9c2.jpg

Kudos to the entire staff at Giovanni's Table! It was an evening that we will long remember!

Just spotted your latest review last night Trainman, got me through a particularly rocky night with a teething 16month old :eek:

Lovely new dimension to yours and Judiths cruising adventures having Lyric and Abby sail with you. Looking forward to the next installment :)

No La Choza today!

We are all too pooped!

Judith, Kathie, and Jack are headed to the terminal area to check out shopping opportunities. I am going to take a nap.

An interesting scientific evaluation of the current situation...

I paced the distance from our cabin to the smoking area and came up with 260 paces!

When I was younger I had a 30" pace which yields 216 yards or just over two football fields.

I think that today my pace would be closer to 24" which yields 140 yards or just under one and one half football fields.

Either way that is a long way and does not include the return trip! So far today I have been up and back 5 times plus additional trips to the Cafe Promenade, the Windjammer, and the Flow Rider.

DANG! I am doing a lot of walking! No wonder my feet, shins, and hips are sore!

Edited by Trainman-2

Ally & Lyric head out for their Submarine Adventure this morning.

DSCN2046_zps032ac45b.jpg

After that was a Dolphin Encounter, then lunch at Senior Frog's, then a water park adventure.

Talk about "busy little beavers" they tire me out just talking about their adventures.

Photos are due later tonight...

We dined in style in the Windjammer tonight.

The staff lines on each side of the entrance and does a rhythmic clapping to rock music as we enter. It is sort of neat!

I held the table while everyone else went to get their food so the only diner not half eaten (I hate to photograph them) was mine.

DSCN2060_zps3e5c1555.jpg

Carved Roast Beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a home made salad.

Something new is an area with all kinds of salad fixin's with an adjoining dressing display. You pick what you like and make your own salad. There have been almost no pre-made salads this week.

Judith and I both miss the Greek Salad!

We met a couple that has a service dog with them. He is a Saluki. We have learned a lot from them about service dogs.

DSCN1983_zpsc88528d7.jpg

DSCN1982_zpsb7b1f14d.jpg

They told us that the ship provides a wood box full of dirt up on deck 16 near the running track but their dog won't use the box, so they let him pick his own spot and then clean up after him. They then notify someone who comes right up and sanitizes the area.

We met a couple that has a service dog with them. He is a Saluki. We have learned a lot from them about service dogs.

DSCN1983_zpsc88528d7.jpg

DSCN1982_zpsb7b1f14d.jpg

They told us that the ship provides a wood box full of dirt up on deck 16 near the running track but their dog won't use the box, so they let him pick his own spot and then clean up after him. They then notify someone who comes right up and sanitizes the area.

Not good.

Day 7, Saturday, January 17, 2015 -At Sea - Headed Home...

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is predicted to be mostly sunny with the high temperature around 76 degrees.

The Ship is making 15.1 kts

The apparent wind speed is full on the bow at 38 kts.

It is very breezy up on the pool deck!