CB - Dolphin mini forward,aft or mid?

Laura61

We're debating on which location we should book for our mini on the CB for May '06 - forward, aft or mid-ship on the Dolphin Deck. On our previous 2 Grand Class cruises(Grand & Golden) we've been in mid-ship mini's(category AA) on the Dolphin deck - we don't mind that there is no cover. Is there really a big difference(besides price) between the categories and/or locations? Do you think maybe if we book a Category AC now maybe we'll be upgraded to a Category AB or AA later on?

Our DD7 will be going to the Fun Zone(aft), however I always head up to the gym many mornings(Forward).

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I think if you are at all prone to motion sickness, dont take a forward cabin. Only place I ever felt queasy was the theater, which is forward. We had aft, and loved it. Mid is good too. Aft is also very convenient to Terrace pool, and Horizon Court, also Palm Dining room.

I am a firm believer in booking the cabin/location that you want, and not hold out hope for an upgrade, which are often few and far between.

I prefer midships for stability. While the Grand class are large, and ride well in calm seas, they do not do well in heavy seas, what with their wide beam, relatively flat bottom, shallow draft, and wind catching superstructures. Fore and aft cabins accentuate any pitching motion, and can be uncomfortable in heavy seas.

Archived