Romantic Danube with AMA

dirtgirl

For those of you that have done the Romantic Danube with 3 nights pre in Prague, can you recall what your city tour with AMA included? We are debating whether to do a separate and private tour of the Jewish Quarter. I have heard that it is very much worth seeing, and I like to learn about what I'm looking at. One person told me that AMA briefly touches on the Jewish Quarter, but that is it.

Timing is also the thing. The morning has a city tour, and then there is a Folkloric show in the evening. The next day we are off to Terezin. We are wondering when it would be best to fit in a Jewish Quarter tour, which could take 3 hours.

Thanks!

after the inc.AMA tour of Prague,you had option of walking back to hotel,over famous bridge,right past jewish section(on way to hotel(Intercontinental).We stopped in then.Had plenty of time,not long walk,maybe 45 mins.

Did Terezin and whole day tour,plus after that we were exhausted both emotionally and physically.Just asked concierge for good rest.and had a few stiff drinks.Glad I went,but it lingers with you.

Old town is easy to navigate on own.No need for guide IMO.Got a guidebook and no problem.

Loved that cruise,did it 2 yrs.ago.

We did this cruise with AMA last Nov.....loved it. We did Prague on our own so can't answer your specific questions about the included tours. I wanted to add that our cruise stayed at the Hilton Old Town which is not as close to the Jewish Quarter as is the Intercontinental. Best to make sure you know which hotel AMA will use for your cruise and then plan your free time. The old town area is compact and easily walked or one can use the trams and metro lines. We took a tram to a stop near the Jewish Quarter, walked around it, ate an early dinner and then walked to Old Town Square. We then walked back to the Hilton.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hilton OldTown with AMA Waterways. The included tour has you walking back across the Charles Bridge to the old town area, but not directly thru the Jewish Quarter. However, it really isn't that far a walk from the Old Town area. When your guide drops your group off at the astronomical clock, just ask her to direct you toward the Jewish Quarter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk