Booking On Board for Australians

cruise love

i am on the Solstice next week and I want to know the problems any plusses to booking on board

I have booked on board before and kept the booking with Celebrity and moved the booking until I was ready to cruise. I had to ring Miami direct to make these changes. I was able to pay off the cruise on the web site using an Aus credit card that does not charge conversion fees

i have heard that there are fees now associated with changing cruises

If i buy a future cruise credit many specials that may occur I can not combine with my cruise credit

Thank you in advance for your input

Cruise Love

I booked a future cruise last December whilst on Board Millenium.The consultant assured me that it could be transferred to another cruise if I desired.

When my TA tried to change the booking she was told OK but the extra promos would not be honoured. After an email to the Head office all was sorted with no penalties or loss of OBC, Bev, or Grat packages.

It appears that when you ring the local number you are automatically redirected to a foreign call centre .These people are obviously not familiar with Celebrity Term and Conditions associated with booking on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes with a future cruise booking you can change the booking as often as you need to, and as long as it keeps the original booking number the perks and OBC will transfer with it. If you change to a shorter cruise, or end up on a different (lesser) cabin grade then you may find they will reduce amount of OBC credited to the booking per the scale on their future cruise flyer. I think they keep tweaking the conditions and it makes it quite difficult for both customers and staff to keep on top of it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My advice is to know what the prices of the cruises you want to do in advance. By this I mean have all the prices listing what you can get from all the various travel agencies and direct with X prior to seeing the Future cruise staff. That way you know if you have a deal, sometimes the perks may make it worth it, sometimes not. Also note that if you used an agent to cruise this time they may credit the future cruise to that agent again, if you do not want this, tell them. If you wish you can also switch any booking to an agent if booked direct up to 60 days later in any case.

Good luck.:D