Summit-Formal nights

CanadaDeb

Hi All,

We are planning a southern Caribbean cruise and are new to Celebrity. Can anyone tell me how the majority of people dress on formal nights? We like to dress up....would we be in the minority to wear a suit and gown? Many thanks.

This thread will probably be moved as there is a sticky at the top front page of this board on dress codes.

You'll see everything from long gowns and tuxes to sun dresses and button down shirts. Most will be in the middle, men in jackets, women is cocktail / fancy dresses.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We were on the Summit cruise to Bermuda last June. Most men had suits or jackets and long trousers. Dinner suits were very much in the minority. Didn't see many long dresses either. Not sure if this is the norm for the Summit or just on our cruise. We enjoyed the ship and would sail on her again.

Husband wears his tux and I do a cocktail dress. Gave up on the gown when we started traveling with carry-on only. Husband's tux is very fine wool so actually takes less space than a regular suit. He skips the shiny shoes and wears the same black ones as he does on the other nights.

You will see a wide range on the Summit.

Personally I think it's fun to see everybody all dressed up.