Just back from Explorer 5 day cruise and have question

During our stop at Cocoa Cay, a young girl was brought back to the ship on a stretcher and looked unconscious as they brought her on board. They med-lighted her to a hospital in the Bahamas and all I heard from a crew member is that she was doing ok, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what happened to her on Cocoa Cay? Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

During our stop at Cocoa Cay, a young girl was brought back to the ship on a stretcher and looked unconscious as they brought her on board. They med-lighted her to a hospital in the Bahamas and all I heard from a crew member is that she was doing ok, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what happened to her on Cocoa Cay? Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was this the 1/4 thru 1/9 cruise? We just returned from that and knew nothing about this. Hope she's okay. We had a lovely relaxing day at Coco Cay and never saw a thing.

We were onboard during this cruise. During our All Access Tour on the final sea day someone asked the question "What happens in a medical emergency?"

Erky from Turkey was babysitting our group while the rest where doing the Engine Control Room with security.

He answered, that just happened on our first stop at Coco Cay. He said that a 16 year old girl suffered a seizure while swimming in the shallow water while on the island. Her family was able to pull her from the water. The coast guard sent a helicopter and she was transported to the Bahamas to the hospital. He advised that the last time the had an update that she was doing fine.

I was on the island when it happened but did not see anything other than a small boat coming in pretty quickly. My husband had gotten off the tender to go back for my camera and when he re-boarded he said they had to wait for a while for the tender area to be cleared so that they could bring a medical emergency back on board so we knew something had happened that day but did not find out what took place until our tour on Thursday.

Edited by ace1zoe2

It was early/mid morning, we were walking towards the back beaches, saw a small crowd then the medic jeep rode by quickly. It took just a few minutes for them to take her from the beach to the stretcher, and back towards the ship.

I do hope all is well, but I imagine that the company line is "she is doing fine" because of privacy laws and not to dampen anyone's holiday .

M

Sorry to change the subject real quick, did anyone get a pic of the Freedom leaving last Sunday?? I was onboard and just wondering, very glad to hear the girl was doing ok.

I took a lot of pictures of all the ships leaving port. Come on over to my pictorial review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2148764

I just finished posting all the Explorer ship pictures. Next up is the "Parade of Ships" as they all leave port. Maybe you will find one there that you like.

Hi Nancy! To answer your questions .... first this was a 5 night cruise, not sure what you are doing. But, yes, there is a lobster night and for us it was the next to the last night I believe? To our surprise, being from the Boston area, they were cold water lobster tails! We're not big fans of the warm water ones! They are small, so my husband got 2 as recommended by Megan, our server. Then he was asked if he wanted another one to which he responded a resounding YES! I was sorry I didn't order it when I found out they were cold water! Yes, there was a quest on the last night, I think. We didn't attend, but sounded like fun. And, lastly, yes there was a 70's party on the Promenade. Have fun and enjoy your cruise ... the Explorer is still a great ship! Happy Sailing! :)

Do they still have lobster night? If so do you remember which night?

Do they have a theme night such as "the 50"s"?

Do they have quest on this ship?

thanks bunches...Nancy

If you are interested I have the menus & Cruise Compasses in the trip report I am currently working on.

The link is in my signature or if you can't see signatures here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2148764

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk