Boarding in Skagway

sotiris

We are doing a HAL cruisetour and will be boarding the Noordam in Skagway for a 4 day cruise to Vancouver. We will have been in Skagway for 2 nights before we board. If we wanted to take a 3 hour HAL excursion at 12:45 on the day we board (ship doesn't leave until 9 pm), I wondered what we did with our luggage. Does anyone know when Muster Drill would be? Thanks for any info.

We are doing a HAL cruisetour and will be boarding the Noordam in Skagway for a 4 day cruise to Vancouver. We will have been in Skagway for 2 nights before we board. If we wanted to take a 3 hour HAL excursion at 12:45 on the day we board (ship doesn't leave until 9 pm), I wondered what we did with our luggage. Does anyone know when Muster Drill would be? Thanks for any info.

The last time I was up there muster was around 7:30 PM. If you phone Guest Relations in Seattle they should be able to confirm this.

I flew once into Skagway. Could not start my STATENDAM departure to Seward missed the first three days of the cruise. Long story. Flew Seattle then Juneau and then in small six-seater... up to Haines then into Skagway.

Fantastic views! Most ships never see arrival Skagway because the it is during the night and then when they departure it is almost dark anyway... so you don't see that part.

Haines to Skagway... in the co-pilot seat. No one else! Arrivefd at the runway... took my baggage onto the roadway and I was alone! Found the hotel... only one open and I was the only guest in town! Eventually found a small restaurant to have a bite to eat and a small bar to was down a few beers. Next morning when STATENDAM I wandered down to the dock and just walked on board. Fastest embarkation ever! No other ships in port.... most shops were closed down.. end of the season. Was it worth doing it? Yes! A real 'adventure'. Skagway is a great port anyway... this just made it even special.

If you are on a HAL Cruisetour your luggage will be taken to the ship along with your groups luggage. Let your tour leader know that you have scheduled a tour for that day. You will probably not be the only one. THe first time we boarded in Skagway we had an early morning excursion to Haines. No problem. The second time we boarded in Skagway we boarded the ship with our group around lunch time. Neither time did we have to be concerned about luggage. You are still on your Cruisetour. Just have the luggage out at the time designated. Don't worry about muster. The ship will make sure that you do the drill before they pull out.

We boarded the Volendam in Skagway. Someone improperly filled out the Preboarding Health Survey. Our whole CruiseTour had to wait on the dock for a Doctor to check that person. If you book an excursion, I would book it through HAL. You should be able to make your excursion but stuff happens.