Crown and Anchor Diamond Lounge?

bgrieve

What drinks are available in the lounge dedicated to the Diamond level and above each evening. Looking for input from a recent cruise, especially on Jewel of the Seas.

Jewel does not have a Diamond Lounge.

However, Jewel is providing 3 drink vouchers per person to be used each evening. This is typical of the drinks that are allowed:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44235491&postcount=12

Thinking of booking cruise on Serenade 2016. Is there a

Diamond lounge and what kind of shape is the ship in?:confused::confused::confused:

Yes, there is a DL on Serenade, up in Viking Crown.

Edited by clarea

We just sailed Serenade Jan 3-10. The Diamond Lounge is nothing more than a portion of the Viking Crown Lounge portioned off by a movable wall. To be honest we were somewhat disappointed. My wife and I were in the Diamond Lounge on 3 different occasions. Nice thing was it was never packed, 2 times there were cookies - fruit and 1 time there were some decent appetizers. There was no bar service at all. 2 times I went to the Viking Crown to get a drink and they were hosting events and was told to go elsewhere for a beverage. So you'd have to go to the pool bar or Solarium bar if they happened to be open. A combination of bad timing on my behalf and some pretty poor planning on RCCL. The selection of free drinks was limited. Jack Daniels was on there so I was happy but the only thing my wife liked was Baileys or wine.

We just sailed Serenade Jan 3-10. The Diamond Lounge is nothing more than a portion of the Viking Crown Lounge portioned off by a movable wall. To be honest we were somewhat disappointed. My wife and I were in the Diamond Lounge on 3 different occasions. Nice thing was it was never packed, 2 times there were cookies - fruit and 1 time there were some decent appetizers. There was no bar service at all. 2 times I went to the Viking Crown to get a drink and they were hosting events and was told to go elsewhere for a beverage. So you'd have to go to the pool bar or Solarium bar if they happened to be open. A combination of bad timing on my behalf and some pretty poor planning on RCCL. The selection of free drinks was limited. Jack Daniels was on there so I was happy but the only thing my wife liked was Baileys or wine.

We were on that cruise also plus the week before and had a great time in the Diamond Lounge every night. Alan the concierge is wonderful. Bar service was great and we enjoyed the appetizers. We also went there every morning for a great cup of coffee and danishes and fruit for breakfast. A great place to just sit and relax and meet new friends.

Edited by staggr

I was on the Serenade 12/20 and 12/27, and felt that the Diamond service was wonderful, even top-notch, and always felt friendly and welcoming.

AM's- got our double and triple espressos......Alan even went ashore to procure almond milk for our oldest son. He would then move the espresso machine hose to our son's milk supply for his fluffy morning coffee drinks.

during the day, we would visit for a quite escape to hang out, read, and enjoy the great views. There were usually cookies and fruit available.

PM's- Alan knew just what drinks we wanted and if he was not available, there were two other bar servers coming from the Viking Crown Lounge that would take care of us.

This was our first trip as Diamond, and we were WOW'd

Is there a diamond lounge on the Quantum and the Oasis?
Yes, all ships starting with Freedom class were built with Diamond Lounges; older ships have gotten DLs when they have gone in for 5 year re-fits.

Oasis DL has been physically relocated TWICE in the last few months, and nobody (including RCI) knows where it will be next week:rolleyes:

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom

Jewel does not have a Diamond Lounge.

However, Jewel is providing 3 drink vouchers per person to be used each evening. This is typical of the drinks that are allowed:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44235491&postcount=12

I appreciate the 3 drink vouchers as I have 2 cruises booked on the Jewel. But I truly enjoy the company in the Diamond "lounge" or "event area", whatever you would like to call it. Can I just use my vouchers in this area or do I need to stick with wine in this place? Can I stop at a bar and get my drinks and bring them with me to the area where the Diamonds are meeting?

It is hard to believe the Jewel does not just offer the regular cocktails.

I appreciate the 3 drink vouchers as I have 2 cruises booked on the Jewel. But I truly enjoy the company in the Diamond "lounge" or "event area", whatever you would like to call it. Can I just use my vouchers in this area or do I need to stick with wine in this place? Can I stop at a bar and get my drinks and bring them with me to the area where the Diamonds are meeting?

Jewel is scheduled for dry dock in 2016 and will have a dedicated DL added then.

If Jewel still has the nightly Diamond event (not sure of this), and this is held in a venue with a bar, then you would most likely be able to use your vouchers there. You can also bring drinks into the venue if you like.

When I was a Jewel two years ago (before the 3 drink coupons) the Diamond Event (held in Hollywood Odyssey) had a bartender that handled the wine and would also sell other drinks at 25% off. I certainly assume that if the process is anything like it was then, you could use coupons with that bartender.

Thom

Jewel is scheduled for dry dock in 2016 and will have a dedicated DL added then.

If Jewel still has the nightly Diamond event (not sure of this), and this is held in a venue with a bar, then you would most likely be able to use your vouchers there. You can also bring drinks into the venue if you like.

At a nightly Diamond event, you should not have to use your vouchers at the event itself. Those vouchers should be for other locations during the same time evening time slot.

At a nightly Diamond event, you should not have to use your vouchers at the event itself. Those vouchers should be for other locations during the same time evening time slot.

Depends on how the ship handles the nightly Diamond event. If they follow previous guidelines and serve only champagne and wine, then a voucher would be needed for beer and mixed drinks. However, if the particular ship no longer follows the previous guidelines for drinks at the nightly Diamond event, then vouchers would not be needed.

By the way, this only applies to Jewel and Majesty anymore.

Edited by clarea

Hi, quick question. We just became Diamond and will be on the Allure next month. Will I be able to get the espresso drinks from the machine at all hours? It would be a nice perk to be able to get a fancy coffee drink after coming back from port.

Thanks!

Ali

Hi, quick question. We just became Diamond and will be on the Allure next month. Will I be able to get the espresso drinks from the machine at all hours? It would be a nice perk to be able to get a fancy coffee drink after coming back from port.
Yes (unless it has run out of beans or the grounds need to be dumped - about the only time this is likely to be a problem is early morning before the staff arrives. I have figured out dumping the grounds, but the beans are usually locked up)

ENJOY

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom

WhTs available for diamond members on this ship?
A nice Lounge on Deck 14 next to the Viking Crown Lounge. Expresso machine. Continental Breakfast probably in the lounge. Happy Hour in the evening either in the Lounge or maybe larger venue depending on number of Diamonds. PLUS 3 Happy Hour drinks (limited menu) in most bars during those hours.

Depends on how the ship handles the nightly Diamond event. If they follow previous guidelines and serve only champagne and wine, then a voucher would be needed for beer and mixed drinks. However, if the particular ship no longer follows the previous guidelines for drinks at the nightly Diamond event, then vouchers would not be needed.

By the way, this only applies to Jewel and Majesty anymore.

Based on what you are saying when I was recently on Her Majesty, they paid little attention to what you ordered in the Viking Lounge/DL area, since once you were seated they never asked for your sea pass card regardless of what was ordered -- because sometimes I had beer rather than wine. I can't remember when we were on Jewel, since that was summer of 2013.

Going on Vision of the Seas- what is offered on this ship for Diamond members? My husband likes lattes and I like martinis. Are they offered and where? Thanks Jeanine

Diamond Lounge, deck 6, aft.

A nice Lounge on Deck 14 next to the Viking Crown Lounge. Expresso machine. Continental Breakfast probably in the lounge. Happy Hour in the evening either in the Lounge or maybe larger venue depending on number of Diamonds. PLUS 3 Happy Hour drinks (limited menu) in most bars during those hours.

What drinks are included?