Ft. Lauderdale hotels disappearing from Priceline

PrincessMelody

I went to bid on a Ft. Lauderdale downtown hotel, and noticed that there was no 4 star, and no 2.5 star either...Just 3, 2 and 1. I tried several different dates, and still the same. Has anyone heard if Renassaince and Amerisuites have pulled out of priceline?:eek:

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how to identify Amerisuites on Hotwire?

Amerisuites is 2.5 stars with an S icon and shows as a "Customer Favorite".

For September 16/05 (guessing that's when you want it) it is showing for $76. I think the prices are high this year. I just got it for $62 for Dec 4 which I thought would be a slow(er) week (after Thanksgiving/before Christmas). Someone else got it for $50, but I think it's because they won it several months ago.

ell

I just read a post on biddingfortravel that the Hyatt bought Amerisuites and that the Hyatt Pier 66 has been sold.

Ron

True, Hyatt bought AmeriSuites, and the Hyatt Pier 66 and Bahia Mar Resort (formerly the Radisson Bahia Mar) were sold last winter.

I have an Amerisuites for Oct 18 and a Hyatt 66 for for Nov 6 from Priceline - the bidding for travel posters are saying neither one is showing up anymore - I hope I still have my reservations.

Ron

I have an Amerisuites for Oct 18 and a Hyatt 66 for for Nov 6 from Priceline - the bidding for travel posters are saying neither one is showing up anymore - I hope I still have my reservations.

Ron

If you are worried, just give the hotels a call. Hotels are added and dropped from Priceline all the time. If you have a reservation it wouldnt change based on them no longer participating in Priceline.

I booked the Renaissance for Sept 9th a couple of weeks ago with Priceline. $100.00 for the night

Nancy,

I you could click on "my trips" on the Priceline homepage, it will take you to your past Priceline purchases. If you click on your recent purchase at the Renaissance, it will tell you the CURRENT Priceline rating for this hotel. This is the best way to determine if Priceline has re-rated the Renaissance from 4 stars to 3 stars since you made the purchase. If it displays as 3 stars, it will explain why Priceline no longer offers 4 star bidding in the downtown zone. If it still says 4 stars, it's probably an indication this hotel no longer participates w/Priceline (although they'll honor your reservation). Thanks in advance for checking!

I checked my trips on priceline but it has been too long since I stayed at Hyatt 66. Will someone check the rating and post it? I would appreciate knowing if the rating has changed. Thank you.

I stayed at the Pier 66 back in March of this year. Priceline still shows a 4 star rating when I access the purchase now. Since it looks like it hasn't been downgraded to 3 stars, my fear is they're no longer participating w/Priceline.

Also, a friend of mine stayed at the Renaissance in Feburary. This morning he accessed his past bid and it too is still reflecting a 4 star rating.

Ron,

Just for safe measure, access your bid from 4 weeks ago and see if it still refers to the Hyatt as a 4 star. Normally, when Priceline rerates a hotel, it will be reflected when you access past bids.

Ron,

Just for safe measure, access your bid from 4 weeks ago and see if it still refers to the Hyatt as a 4 star. Normally, when Priceline rerates a hotel, it will be reflected when you access past bids.

Yep - it was listed as a 4 star - I was originaly trying for the Amerisuites - I got up to $65 and was rejected - so I figure I may as well goa few more bucks and go first class.

Ron

For those who were accustomed to "targeting" the Hyatt Pier 66 on Priceline, Hotwire is still currently selling this property. I did a check of Nov 5-7 and it's still there on Hotwire.

On Hotwire it's 4 stars, Ft Lauderdale Beach zone (just like Priceline).

Amenities are:

Restaurant

Pool

Fitness Center

Spa

Golf nearby

Tennis nearby

Business Center

For whatever reason, Priceline has restored 4 star bidding in both Ft Lauderdale Beach and Downtown zones. Not sure why there was a 3 day "hiccup" in service, but everything appears back to normal now....

Happy bidding!

For those of you interested in Hyatt Pier 66, you may want to know they are undergoing a renovation of the pool and grounds. The work is supposed to be completed the last week of October but who knows it it will be. When they rebuilt Grille 66, it was finished many months after its expected completion date. (That was somewhat different though as they had permit problems which led to the delay.)

Archived