Wondering about the weather in October in Baltimore

crazycruzer68

It could be anywhere from mid 40's to nearly 80 degrees in early October. Fall and Spring weather is very inconsistent here. It will probably be in the 60's. The good news is that you will be far enough south on day 2 of the cruise that it will be warm. The other good thing about Baltimore is that you will have cell phone service on the first day of the cruise as you sail down the Chesapeake Bay.

Also plan on rain. This was our first fall in Maryland, but it seemed to rain about every three days this year.

we cruised out of Baltimore for Valentines Week. We arrived at the pier with a balmy 54 degrees. Weather was awesome

October is still high season for hurricanes-- not as much as Sept but still.

you should see some cheap prices

We are considering the Pride out of Baltimore October 4th. How is the weather that time of year? Our first 2 days are at sea, just wondering how it will be considering its fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is going to be much colder out at sea. Even if it is a warm sunny day when you leave, the second you get under way and the breeze picks up, it is going to be very cool.

For comparison, we cruised out of Charleston in March and until we got to the area off the coast of Miami, no one was out on deck sunning.

Someone mentioned rain, but a lot of rain in October is NOT common. More often than not, October is really nice unless you're looking for Florida summer weather - but as others have said, that time of year the weather can be very variable. It normally doesn't get cold enough for the leaves to change color until Halloween. September is usually more summer like than fall like - great time to cruise from Baltimore if you can.

Don't ignore that wise comment about things being colder out to sea. Even if I go somewhere that is consistently warm or hot on land, I also take a warm jacket for early mornings or evenings on the ship because of the wind at sea. I would guess you would definitely need one for outside at least until you get quite a bit south of Baltimore.

Edited by roothy123