Navigator of the Seas 4-19-15 First Cruise

TXBBQDUDE

Hello everyone I am a new cruiser but my wife has been on one Disney Cruise before with her former company. We have been talking about taking a cruise for several years so yesterday i went ahead and booked us on the following cruise. We have an inside stateroom on the 7th floor. We live in the Houston area so transportation to Galveston will not be an issue. We are really looking forward to the cruise it will be out first real vacation that was not paid for by a company or that we had other agendas in our 11 year marriage. Any tips for this boat and this route (Honduras, Belize, Mexico) would be greatly appreciated. Also I have registered with the RCI website and see our itinerary already. I have read you can go on a few months in advance and book shows and stuff is this recommended? We are foodies so I am sure we will try the specialty restaurants but not heavy drinkers. About how much are beers separate i am not sure I would drink enough to justify the cost of the drink package but i may enjoy one or two while I have a cigar. How about excursions I have read so much about what to do and who to book it through. I am sure there will be more questions my wife and i are super excited only 95 days till we set sail.

first, find the roll call for the cruise in the Roll Call section of the boards. you can connect with others on the same cruise.

I am boarding her on Sunday for a week and will have a review upon our return with pictures. but many others have done the same. just click on the name at the top of the page here and you will be shown all the threads where Navigator is mentioned.

IIRC booking shows is not necessary/possible for Nav, but you can pre reserve dining times if you have MTD.

Few tips. After passing security on deck 4, if elevators too crowded, proceed across for more room. Next, if everyone is going up, go down, then go up. Next, food is aft, shows forward. Public rest rooms, ladies starboard, men's port. Go aft, down to reach Studio B, as ice rink blocks from forward. Use aft, port elevators to reach deck 14. Explore, have fun!

Might I ask if you have passports or you will be sailing with your birth certificates?

My wife has a passport already. I applied for mine mid December so I should have it in time for the cruise. When i checked the status the other dai I was told it was being processed.

BBQDude - we are in houston also, and have always pre-booked our parking right across the street from the ship terminal. I've found it more convenient than being dropped off and picked up. If you don't drink much I couldnt concern myself with bringing anything on board. I use rum runner flasks though. I also bring the allowed two bottles of wine, a six pack of soft drinks and a six pack of 24oz water, all packed in a carry on bag. I've never been challenged with them.

We prefer our excursions booked through shoreexcursioneer. We've never been disappointed and have found them to have superior services in either Roatan or Belize City. (Feb 22nd for us on Navigator) Please don't stray from a group or guide in Roatan.

This trip in Roatan we'll do a conbination excursion: zipline, island tour and westbeach. In Belize, the ATV rainforest trip followed by tube floats through three caves and on to lunch.

It's been a dreary winter in Houston, and we're so looking forward to this getaway. I agree with the earlier poster to find the 'Roll Call' for your trip, and visit with folks on the same cruise.

Remember, relax, and have fun. It's my guess that you will love cruising. After our first cruise, we've not looked back, and try to take at least three a year...Steve

Forgot to add: Passports are not required, your state picture picture ID is fine, though we take our passports just in case of some unexpected need to return early.

Edited by steveanson
forgot to add:

Hello everyone I am a new cruiser but my wife has been on one Disney Cruise before with her former company. We have been talking about taking a cruise for several years so yesterday i went ahead and booked us on the following cruise. We have an inside stateroom on the 7th floor. We live in the Houston area so transportation to Galveston will not be an issue. We are really looking forward to the cruise it will be out first real vacation that was not paid for by a company or that we had other agendas in our 11 year marriage. Any tips for this boat and this route (Honduras, Belize, Mexico) would be greatly appreciated. Also I have registered with the RCI website and see our itinerary already. I have read you can go on a few months in advance and book shows and stuff is this recommended? We are foodies so I am sure we will try the specialty restaurants but not heavy drinkers. About how much are beers separate i am not sure I would drink enough to justify the cost of the drink package but i may enjoy one or two while I have a cigar. How about excursions I have read so much about what to do and who to book it through. I am sure there will be more questions my wife and i are super excited only 95 days till we set sail.

We're on Navigator 3/22. It will be our 3rd time. Join thee roll call.Expect to have a good time & you will.

Edited by reallyhooked

first, find the roll call for the cruise in the Roll Call section of the boards. you can connect with others on the same cruise.

I am boarding her on Sunday for a week and will have a review upon our return with pictures. but many others have done the same. just click on the name at the top of the page here and you will be shown all the threads where Navigator is mentioned.

IIRC booking shows is not necessary/possible for Nav, but you can pre reserve dining times if you have MTD.

I see that you are sailing soon and I have a favor to ask... We are sailing her in October and booked a balcony cabin on deck 12, room 1826. I haven't seen any info or pictures of this area of the ship. The cabins were added during last years refurbishment. Would you possibly be able to take some pictures of the area for us?

Edited by bradleyk

I see that you are sailing soon and I have a favor to ask... We are sailing her in October and booked a balcony cabin on deck 12, room 1826. I haven't seen any info or pictures of this area of the ship. The cabins were added during last years refurbishment. Would you possibly be able to take some pictures of the area for us?

you are too late.. we got back today. Really would not be able to tell you what,if any, differences there are to cabins in this new section as opposed to originals.

I do have a few( not many) pics of the public areas as well as several of our cabin that will be posted as soon as I dig out the camera from the dirty laundry.

BBQDude - we are in houston also, and have always pre-booked our parking right across the street from the ship terminal. I've found it more convenient than being dropped off and picked up. If you don't drink much I couldnt concern myself with bringing anything on board. I use rum runner flasks though. I also bring the allowed two bottles of wine, a six pack of soft drinks and a six pack of 24oz water, all packed in a carry on bag. I've never been challenged with them.

We prefer our excursions booked through shoreexcursioneer. We've never been disappointed and have found them to have superior services in either Roatan or Belize City. (Feb 22nd for us on Navigator) Please don't stray from a group or guide in Roatan.

This trip in Roatan we'll do a conbination excursion: zipline, island tour and westbeach. In Belize, the ATV rainforest trip followed by tube floats through three caves and on to lunch.

It's been a dreary winter in Houston, and we're so looking forward to this getaway. I agree with the earlier poster to find the 'Roll Call' for your trip, and visit with folks on the same cruise.

Remember, relax, and have fun. It's my guess that you will love cruising. After our first cruise, we've not looked back, and try to take at least three a year...Steve

Forgot to add: Passports are not required, your state picture picture ID is fine, though we take our passports just in case of some unexpected need to return early.

Thank you sir for all the advice. I am sure we will wind up driving ourselves and parking like you recommended. Just got my passport in so we are all excited. If it was up to the wife she would have our bags packed already.

My favorite excursion in the Caribbean is in Rotan, dolphin encounter at Anthony key( I have been on about 50 Caribbean cruises) . Italian and Izumi restaurants were excellent, you can save some money by doing the Italian for lunch, thought Chops was just ok, did not visit Sabor ( but heard it was excellent)

My favorite excursion in the Caribbean is in Rotan, dolphin encounter at Anthony key( I have been on about 50 Caribbean cruises) . Italian and Izumi restaurants were excellent, you can save some money by doing the Italian for lunch, thought Chops was just ok, did not visit Sabor ( but heard it was excellent)

We are sighed up for the Mystery Dinner and that is in the Italian Restaurant so we have that one covered. We will probably skip Sabor growing up eating Tex Mex and Eating Tex Mex and Mexican at some of the best restaurants all over Texas it is not something that screams for us to do.We will definatly have some Sushi.

We did the same ship/itinerary last June. The Navigator is a great ship, nice for an introduction to cruising. I usually spend the first day exploring the ship. I don't recall the price of beer but have never found alcohol to be prohibitively expensive. Enjoy your cruise.

We did the same ship/itinerary last June. The Navigator is a great ship, nice for an introduction to cruising. I usually spend the first day exploring the ship. I don't recall the price of beer but have never found alcohol to be prohibitively expensive. Enjoy your cruise.

Domestic beers a can with tip = $6.04 Imports will be higher. I don't recall seeing any draft beer...

Domestic beers a can with tip = $6.04 Imports will be higher. I don't recall seeing any draft beer...

That is not bad at all I mainly sit down and drink when I have a cigar so 2 or three a day would not break my bank and if i decide to do more I would just upgrade drinking package mid cruise. My wife is not a drinker at all.