Taking alcohol on Ventura

Scotland01

Sailing on Ventura this Saturday. flying on Friday. Can I purchase alcohol at shop at Barbados dockside on Saturday morning and take back on board? If I purchase at departing airport will it be taken from me on boarding ship? Many thanks

When flying you will have to buy your booze airside because of the liquid ban still in place.

No problem taking it on the ship at all.

Or if you have time there is a DF shop on the quayside at Barbados. Note it is not the terminal you will check in at. You get off the ship turn right, go to the end of the dock and it is the building complex facing you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As you fly Friday you will be in Barbados for the day Saturday just go to one of the supermarkets or booze shops depending on what you want it will be far cheaper than duty free at the UK airport and possibly cheaper than the shops at the port.

I took 2 bottles of rum on board at Barbados and topped up with more at other parts including 2 litre bottle in St Maarten which cost about £5.00 which we took home in our hold luggage.

I also took on board bottles of coke & lemonade at Barbados and other ports.

Hope this helps

Hi there, we were on the Ventura in December and we got 2 litres of spirits at the airport and took it on board, it was no problem. There is a duty free shop at the port in Barbados where you can buy drink and take it on. We bought wine when we were at ports as well and took it back on. There's a duty free shop on the Ventura as well so you won't be stuck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there, we were on the Ventura in December and we got 2 litres of spirits at the airport and took it on board, it was no problem. There is a duty free shop at the port in Barbados where you can buy drink and take it on. We bought wine when we were at ports as well and took it back on. There's a duty free shop on the Ventura as well so you won't be stuck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The duty free shop only sells alcohol for taking home and you cannot collect until the day before you depart.

Same issue raised on another thread. You will have no problem taking alcohol on Ventura, as we did last June and will be doing so in February. For consuming in cabin.

We packed our main luggage with one of the plastic bottles of gin you get at airport duty free shops. Bought on previous flight. Got tonic and lemons in the first port of call. Cabin steward provided fresh ice each day. But as mentioned you can get your booze after security at Manchester for your hand luggage

G.& T on balcony each evening pre dinner. Can't wait

Same issue raised on another thread. You will have no problem taking alcohol on Ventura, as we did last June and will be doing so in February. For consuming in cabin.

We packed our main luggage with one of the plastic bottles of gin you get at airport duty free shops. Bought on previous flight. Got tonic and lemons in the first port of call. Cabin steward provided fresh ice each day. But as mentioned you can get your booze after security at Manchester for your hand luggage

G.& T on balcony each evening pre dinner. Can't wait

You can also get lemon from your cabin steward.