Opinions wanted! Two ocean view rooms vs. ocean suite on Magic

asdjl

Hello!

I am looking for opinions from more experienced cruisers than myself. Last year, may 3 kids and I went on the NCL Getaway and had 2 connecting balcony rooms. It was a great trip!

I am now excitedly in the process of planning a trip on the Magic for myself and the younger 2 kids (oldest will be on school DC trip and husband does not think he would like a cruise, strange I know!)

We liked having 2 rooms, (it meant 2 bathrooms and 2 tvs, etc), however Carnival won't book minors in a balcony room without an adult (they will do one balcony and one interior across the hall). So I am considering 2 Ocean View rooms (which I think they will do) or possibly an Ocean View suite.

I have not been in a suite before and would love opinions from people who know more about this than me!

Thank you!

How old are the kids?

We like having the extra room in a suite and on our last cruise it was cheaper for us to book 2 in the suite and 2 in an interior across the hall than all 4 of us in the suite. My kids (teens) loved having the darker room and we got them a key to our room so they could use the balcony anytime they wanted.

Magic also has a Deluxe Ocean view which sleeps up to 5 people and has a separate washroom in addition to the main bathroom. Depending on the ages of your kids, I would consider that rather than two rooms. If your kids are older and/or you want your own privacy, then connecting Ocean view rooms would be nice too!

That said, we did a suite (on the Miracle) with two adults and our two kids who were 11 and 13 at the time, and there was plenty of space. Sharing a bathroom was the only inconvenience. Have fun planning!

I would go with the Deluxe OV, which has the second bathroom which will come in handy. Since there are only 3 of you, the monies saved over the other two options can be used towards excursions or the Cheers program for yourself if you like to indulge. ;)