Earliest Princess Transfer From IAH Airport in Houston to Bayport Cruise Terminal

Solara

We are arriving at IAH airport (George Bush airport) in Houston and staying overnight at the airport and then thinking of taking a Princess transfer to Bayport cruise terminal the next morning. Just wondering what the earliest anyone has taken a transfer from the airport as we like to get to the ship early and I'm trying to figure out our options? It's either this or staying somewhere closer to the cruise terminal.

Thanks!

Did this cruise last March and stayed at the Marriott in the Airport.

It works great as Princess bus picks you up at the hotel. The bad part if you want to get to the cruise terminal early you leave around 10:30 to 11am and it's about a 50 ride to the cruise port which will be full of passangers.

Just did this cruise, as you we stayed near airport, shuttled back and took the first Princess transfer bus approx. 10am.. I will add it was quite well organized by Princess.

Where in the airport did you catch the bus at?

Thanks!

Did this cruise last March and stayed at the Marriott in the Airport.

It works great as Princess bus picks you up at the hotel. The bad part if you want to get to the cruise terminal early you leave around 10:30 to 11am and it's about a 50 ride to the cruise port which will be full of passangers.

If we stay at the airport we would stay at the Marriott too. Did you arrange through Princess or the Marriott to be picked up at the hotel? I'd rather go back to the airport if it meant leaving for the port earlier.

If we stay at the airport we would stay at the Marriott too. Did you arrange through Princess or the Marriott to be picked up at the hotel? I'd rather go back to the airport if it meant leaving for the port earlier.

I arranged the hotel on my own I did the transfer with Princess and when I checked in at the hotel I recieved the bus info on where to meet at the hotel lobby in the morning. Not sure if Princess picks up anywhere else at the airport. I don't believe any bus leaves early to get you to the cruise terminal early. When we arrived they were boarding and those with preferred passes were able to get in line to board but the line was very long.

• 11 months later...

Hello, we are staying at the IAH Airport Marriott on Jan. 9 for a cruise on the CB the next day. We arranged for Princess transfers from the airport to the terminal. Can anyone tell me how things are working now? It appears that it is pretty easy but I am concerned about meeting the Princess rep in the airport or, as someone said, get picked up at the hotel. We like to be on the first bus out if possible.

Any recent info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bill

We did this on November 29, 2015. Our plane got in about 8. By the time we got off the plane and to the luggage area it was...maybe 8:30. The princess rep was right next to the luggage claim area. There were at least 2 reps. One took our name and advised us that the ship had not come in yet due to fog and she had been asked to hold us at the airport for a brief time...so we grabbed our luggage and had a seat. About an hour later, she said that she had clearance to send us to the terminal, but that the ship was still not there so we needed to be prepared to wait at the terminal. During the hour of waiting at IAHy, she checked on us several times.

We left for the cruise terminal about 9:45 by the time everyone was loaded, etc.and arrived about an hour later.

This might not have been a totally typical because of the fog and the delay in the ship's departure, but it seemed to be.

The Princess reps had a list of names and were checking us off as we arrived; periodically they would compare lists. We were definitely the first group to leave. We did not go anywhere near the hotel. I was concerned about how/where to meet the reps also. It was totally easy. They were very obvious, right outside baggage claim where you would meet a private limo driver or anyone else.

We did this on November 29' date=' 2015. Our plane got in about 8. By the time we got off the plane and to the luggage area it was...maybe 8:30. The princess rep was right next to the luggage claim area. There were at least 2 reps. One took our name and advised us that the ship had not come in yet due to fog and she had been asked to hold us at the airport for a brief time...so we grabbed our luggage and had a seat. About an hour later, she said that she had clearance to send us to the terminal, but that the ship was still not there so we needed to be prepared to wait at the terminal. During the hour of waiting at IAHy, she checked on us several times.

We left for the cruise terminal about 9:45 by the time everyone was loaded, etc.and arrived about an hour later.

This might not have been a totally typical because of the fog and the delay in the ship's departure, but it seemed to be.

The Princess reps had a list of names and were checking us off as we arrived; periodically they would compare lists. We were definitely the first group to leave. We did not go anywhere near the hotel. I was concerned about how/where to meet the reps also. It was totally easy. They were very obvious, right outside baggage claim where you would meet a private limo driver or anyone else.[/quote']

Thank you for your response. Anyone else with a recent experience when they stayed at the Marriott IAH with Princess transfers?

Thank you again,

Bill

We are also booked at IAH Marriott. Have transfers. Going a day earlier, does Princess take us to hotel? Does Marriott have a shuttle? I hear it's under construction! Someone said there was a walking tunnel from airport to hotel. That's great but lugging bags and carry on might be too much.

We are also booked at IAH Marriott. Have transfers. Going a day earlier, does Princess take us to hotel? Does Marriott have a shuttle? I hear it's under construction! Someone said there was a walking tunnel from airport to hotel. That's great but lugging bags and carry on might be too much.

Of course it depends upon how many bags and what kind of shape you're in. Wife and I are in our late 60s and we each had a full size bag and a couple of back packs. We had no issue getting to the hotel.

Use google maps to examine the airport and you'll see the marriott is very close to the terminals.

We arrived very late the night before the cruise. Due to the hour, we did not expect Princess to be there and they were not. Just go onto the hotel desk. They know the drill. The desk personnel gave us baggage tags for the next day and told us when/where to meet the Princess rep. You put the tags on your bag and leave them in your room. Princess takes them from there. You meet the rep in the hotel lobby. The sooner you are there, the lower the number you get and the earlier you're on the bus.

There is a nice but kind of expensive breakfast buffet ($15 IIRC PP).

Of course it depends upon how many bags and what kind of shape you're in. Wife and I are in our late 60s and we each had a full size bag and a couple of back packs. We had no issue getting to the hotel.

Use google maps to examine the airport and you'll see the marriott is very close to the terminals.

We arrived very late the night before the cruise. Due to the hour, we did not expect Princess to be there and they were not. Just go onto the hotel desk. They know the drill. The desk personnel gave us baggage tags for the next day and told us when/where to meet the Princess rep. You put the tags on your bag and leave them in your room. Princess takes them from there. You meet the rep in the hotel lobby. The sooner you are there, the lower the number you get and the earlier you're on the bus.

There is a nice but kind of expensive breakfast buffet ($15 IIRC PP).

Great information Rocketman. But how early is early to meet the Princess rep?

Thanks, Bill

Great information Rocketman. But how early is early to meet the Princess rep?

Thanks, Bill

Oh, gosh, that was in 2014. I'm thinking we were down there around 830 or so. Our numbers were in the low teens and we were on the first bus. There were maybe a 100 or 150 couples taking the Princess transfer. They had three or four buses and one baggage truck. I don't think we started loading up till after 10. They were not in any big rush to get us to the terminal since boarding was going to be delayed due to a deep noro cleaning. I'm thinking it was well after 2PM before we boarded.

BTW, you do not have to stay at the Marriott to use the transfers. You can purchase a hotel/transfer or just a transfer. You can save a bit if you find another hotel. We decided that since we were arriving after 11PM we didn't want the hassle of taxi/shuttle to an offsite hotel. We just didn't think saving $20 or $30 was worth the trouble.

Oh, gosh, that was in 2014. I'm thinking we were down there around 830 or so. Our numbers were in the low teens and we were on the first bus. There were maybe a 100 or 150 couples taking the Princess transfer. They had three or four buses and one baggage truck. I don't think we started loading up till after 10. They were not in any big rush to get us to the terminal since boarding was going to be delayed due to a deep noro cleaning. I'm thinking it was well after 2PM before we boarded.

BTW, you do not have to stay at the Marriott to use the transfers. You can purchase a hotel/transfer or just a transfer. You can save a bit if you find another hotel. We decided that since we were arriving after 11PM we didn't want the hassle of taxi/shuttle to an offsite hotel. We just didn't think saving $20 or $30 was worth the trouble.

Thanks for your quick response. We will probably be available at 8:30 to get a number. Staying at the Marriott at the airport because we actually got a decent rate and our plane is arriving late evening. Princess uses a hotel in downtown Houston for their hotel/transfer, the JW Marriott I think. Very expensive p/p. I am sure it will all work out.Thanks, Bill

Thanks for your quick response. We will probably be available at 8:30 to get a number. Staying at the Marriott at the airport because we actually got a decent rate and our plane is arriving late evening. Princess uses a hotel in downtown Houston for their hotel/transfer, the JW Marriott I think. Very expensive p/p. I am sure it will all work out.Thanks, Bill

It really doesn't matter, if you're there early. You'll just get on an earlier bus. The boat won't leave without you. We're early rises and like to get started.

When we did this transfer back in 2014, I think Princess used the Four Season downtown, very high rent.

Relax and enjoy. Princess does a very good job of this. Many people have remarked that Princess transfers are a bit steep but most will tell you this Bush to the port transfer is a very good deal.

It really doesn't matter, if you're there early. You'll just get on an earlier bus. The boat won't leave without you. We're early rises and like to get started.

When we did this transfer back in 2014, I think Princess used the Four Season downtown, very high rent.

Relax and enjoy. Princess does a very good job of this. Many people have remarked that Princess transfers are a bit steep but most will tell you this Bush to the port transfer is a very good deal.

When our 11/29/15 cruise was delayed by 24 hours due to fog, Princess sent us to the Four Seasons downtown (they paid for it). Yes, when I looked them up on line, the "best rate" for that night was listed at $299. You know they have a deal with Princess, but still...too rich for my blood. The Mariott is by far the easiest place to stay if you are just needing an overnight at the airport.