Ensenada

dcandme13

My sister and I are going on our first Cruise in March...just a 3 day to Ensenada...we would like to just get off ship and get some souvineers for our kids (which we are leaving at home :p ) maybe people watch and have some margaritas and tacos somewhere with some entertainment value...any suggestions? We are not planning an excursion.

You can take the white bus right outside of the cruise terminal which will take you downtown. You can purchase tickets for roundtrip in case you decide not to walk back to the ship. There are plenty of little places to buy tacos and beer and of course there is the larger party venue on the main street. Between the stores and the street vendors there are plenty of places to bargain and purchase. We always walk off our beers and taco by going to Thrifty's for an ice cream.

My favorite thing to do in Ensenada is to hang out on the dock. There's a little bit of shopping, a little bit of drinking and there can be some great people watching. I have been into town and I just don't find it worth my time and effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The post above from Linda is the norm for us (except the stop at Thrifty's). We go to Hussong's for some 2for1 margaritas, then walk next door to Tacos Lindos for several plates of tacos and a few beers (sit at the bar if you can so you can watch the cooks do their thing). Then we meander back to the ship checking out the shops. At the terminal building there is usually someone mixing drinks, there is also a small liquor store set up in the building. Get a sack full of Pacifico's and hang out there until time to board.

The post above from Linda is the norm for us (except the stop at Thrifty's). We go to Hussong's for some 2for1 margaritas, then walk next door to Tacos Lindos for several plates of tacos and a few beers (sit at the bar if you can so you can watch the cooks do their thing). Then we meander back to the ship checking out the shops. At the terminal building there is usually someone mixing drinks, there is also a small liquor store set up in the building. Get a sack full of Pacifico's and hang out there until time to board.

Where is the Hussong's?? 2 for 1 Margaritas is exactly what we are looking for LOL...we don't drink beer really.

Where is the Hussong's?? 2 for 1 Margaritas is exactly what we are looking for LOL...we don't drink beer really.

On Ave Ruiz. It is a few doors down from Papas&Beer.

Several doors down from Taquerias Lindo, there is a Mexican ice cream store. They have different fruit paletas (similar to popsicles) and helados (ice cream). The paletas are have fruit pieces and might have some seeds. I like getting the Pies de Limon (Key Lime Pie) ice cream. It has pieces of pie crust in it.

Martín, owner of Taquerias Lindo makes a really good Margarita for $5. The prices for a taco is now $1.50

When you get off the ship walk into the metal terminal building and out the back side. There will be a row of white tour buses lined up to take you into town (think it's $3 per person). They drop you off at their terminal in town (maybe a 10 minute walk). From there head north-east about two/three blocks (away from the ocean) until you get to the tourist district. Ask anyone there for directions. (one of those things, I can walk right to it, but don't know the street names).

• 4 weeks later...

We are not planning on doing an excursion in Ensenada, so it looks like Hussongs for margaritas is a great place to be.

Are there any must buy items in Ensenada? Things that may not be found elsewhere? Or is everything sold typical of most Mexican ports?

We are not planning on doing an excursion in Ensenada, so it looks like Hussongs for margaritas is a great place to be.

Are there any must buy items in Ensenada? Things that may not be found elsewhere? Or is everything sold typical of most Mexican ports?

Go to Taqueria Lindo next to Hussong's for great tacos. The owner (Martin) makes a great Margarita.

Everything sold in Ensenada is the same as everywhere else in Mexico.

Do Not buy or give money to the little kids or women trying to sell cheap stuff (under $1 crap) on the streets. They do not keep the money. The money is given to their "boss".