Holiday Cruises

MrsWaldo

So I am considering the 21 dec cruise out of Singapore

We last did SS in 06 (cloud) and it was OK

Did a cruse with SB (baltic Russia Sojourn) in 13 and then did Antarctica which we all loved in 14

Got screwed over by SS when they first launched Prince Albert and said they were doing tahiti so not positive there

3 adults,,,, 1 in her 50s with the 2 just 20s who enjoy fine travel and educational experience (11 and 14 first ss cruise)

What are your experiences of a holiday cruise in non US ports? Too many under 10s? Too many over 70s?

Food? Service?? The Shadow itself?

I do expect the rara group plus the seabournite No way group..

I'm looking for arrange of people to say how they felt

We have booked the Singapore cruise and the one before that which commences in China. Really looking forward to it; especially the Burma stop. We did a holiday cruise on Spirit a couple of years ago and had lots of fun. We did see 2 extended families on board. The children and young teens were polite and engaging. I have found, on past cruises, that kids on SS are generally able to fit into an adult world. I am a SS fan though, so my observation my be through rose colored glasses.

Thanks,

I did read the other threads and it sound like the right fit. it's the ports that work plus the big day is a sea day.

Does anyone have any particular side for this cruise or no matter.

"odds or evens?"

We have taken holiday cruises for many years, including a similar itinerary as the one you are contemplating. Our beloved children live all over the world, are forming their own Christmas traditions, and have always been pleased to know that we are happily occupied. Holidays can pack a lot of stress and getting away with our SS friends is a great solution. Then we all get together at other during quieter times of the year.

SS does a lovely job of making the ship's festive. There usually are children, but that has never been an issue as they have been consistently well behaved and supervised.

We will actually be on the Shadow next Christmas. Hope to meet you!