I'm thinking about switching cruises

kelkel2

I'm seriously considering switching from the Sunshine to the Breeze. But I'm not positive I want to do it until I hear how much money I am going to lose. Help me out guys.

I am booked ES. I paid my $500 deposit. I am aware of the $50/pp penalty. I also pre paid my gratuities. I have since then been paying monthly installments on the cruise to pay it off.

I don't know. I just lose the $50 x2 =100 right? The rest the'll transfer over? What about the gratuities? Will they just refund that and then I'll have to re-purchase that?

I haven't called my PVP yet because I really need to talk to my husband about it but I am just thinking I really want to sail on the Breeze instead, we debated this when we booked and it was a really difficult decision.

If you are referring to the cruise on your countdown, you have plenty of time to change without any penalty other than the $50 per person fee for it being early saver. I tend to do the same thing. Last two cruises I booked after thinking and thinking, then changed my mind anyway. I get it. :)

ES -- you lose 50.00 pp

usually its also 200 that they hold for the next cruise

so that 200 will be used for your final payment.

You will need to come up with another deposit.

the only thing you lose is the 50pp

If you are referring to the cruise on your countdown, you have plenty of time to change without any penalty other than the $50 per person fee for it being early saver. I tend to do the same thing. Last two cruises I booked after thinking and thinking, then changed my mind anyway. I get it. :)

Yes it's the one on my countdown, so we aren't even close to penalty. So they will just transfer all the money over to the new cruise right? I have NEVER even considered doing this before but yesterday it just hit me.

Here is what happened when I transferred from a 7 day Dream booked ES to an 8 day Breeze:

I had to pay the $50 pp fee by credit card at the time of the change. You don't really "lose" it but you do have to pay it as a penalty. They do not deduct this fee from what you have already paid.

I had to pay the extra $50 pp towards the bigger deposit ($250 for a 7 day vs $300 for an 8 day).

So all in all I paid $200 penalty to Carnival that does not go towards any of the cruise cost and $200 towards making the full deposit on the longer itinerary.

Yes it's the one on my countdown, so we aren't even close to penalty. So they will just transfer all the money over to the new cruise right? I have NEVER even considered doing this before but yesterday it just hit me.

That's how it worked for us. We were booked early saver. And actually by the time we decided to switch, we had already paid more than the deposit on 2 of the 3 cabins. They transferred the amounts to the new booking less $50 per person. I only had to pay the difference in the deposit amount on one cabin, because we went from a 7 day to an 8 day. I did not have to pay the $50 fee. They simply deducted it from what I had already paid.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I had to change cruises when booked ES and the 1st cruise was paid in full. They deducted the $50pp and transferred the remaining balance toward the new cruise and I ended up needing to pay an addition $89 to pay off the 2nd cruise.

I did it!!! I pulled the trigger today!! My pup had me pay the $100 today so we didn't have to take it out of what we have already paid, which is fine with me. We went from owing $830 to $1,500 eh, whatever. Its for an extra day and a killer itinerary! I'll take it!!!

I did it!!! I pulled the trigger today!! My pup had me pay the $100 today so we didn't have to take it out of what we have already paid, which is fine with me. We went from owing $830 to $1,500 eh, whatever. Its for an extra day and a killer itinerary! I'll take it!!!

great. have a great time planning

Edited by serene56