Carnival rank most improved U.S. Brand in YouGov Brand Index

jimbo5544

Cant imagine that too many experienced cruisers think that hasbro and playlist are an improvement over the previous production shows.

It is not my favorite thing either BTW, but their focus is really on first time cruisers. I have to say, when we cruised the Breeze over NYE, I did not attend a show (for many reasons) but I walk by when the "hasbro" show was going on and it was 2/3 full.

It is not my favorite thing either BTW, but their focus is really on first time cruisers. I have to say, when we cruised the Breeze over NYE, I did not attend a show (for many reasons) but I walk by when the "hasbro" show was going on and it was 2/3 full.

I find HASBRO! The Game Show to be of the highest quality of entertainment.

We did our first Princess this past May and overall thought entertainment much better than Carnival. Doing our second later this year to confirm that opinion.

Will still cruise with Carnival and do enjoy being Diamond but entertainment sure could use improvement.

This will be our 6th, and 4th time on the Caribbean Princess.

My worst cruise was on the Crown Princess where we were over run with noro and never made a port in 5 days. YUCK!

If you really want good entertainment try the Oasis or Allure of the Seas and some of their Freedom class ships.

They had some top notch entertainment every night when we went in November on the Oasis.

Bill

Seriously? Has anyone noticed improvement in entertainment over past year?

We havent on the 4 cruises we took in 2014 on Carnival.

The last three Carnival Ships My Husband, and in some cases my daughter and her family have been on are..........Carnival Breeze...2013. Dream. March 2014. Liberty June 2014.

So we have a great ship........The Dream at Port Canaveral. Sailed full most of the time. Did not have to cut ticket prices. Carnival moved it to Texas. Then the Liberty came to P.C. loved that ship too. Sailed full. Did not have drastic price cutting either. So Carnival moves it to Puerto Rico and we get the Valor. No upgrades. And the Sunshine. Prices are high. Reviews are bad.

We are sailing on Princess in March, with our daughter's family with us, On their new ship...The Regal for less than we could have sailed on the Sunshine. The Liberty has that music Journey on the ship the week we could have sailed..............So I am irked at Carnival.

The good ships are always moved from Port Canaveral......which has a big passenger base and then Miami. South Florida. Long Drive. Language problems. And if you are going to drive there..............take a chance on HAL or PRINCESs or NCL.

NCL is moving the Spirit to Port Canaveral this fall. Now.......Princess, Please.

Not specifically but that is the #1 issue we have with Carnival.

Dont complain about service or the food just the entertainment and think rightfully so.

BTW just where do you think Carnival has improved so much over the past year?

I'm not a Carnival Cheerleader but people seem to be using the word "entertainment" when they should be using the word "shows". I'll agree, I don't care much for the shows on Carnival but I don't care much for the shows on other cruise lines as well. That being said, the comedy shows are usually good, I always enjoy the piano player, and have fun at the trivia games and those are part of the entertainment as well so overall, I'd say the entertainment is good on Carnival, just the shows need some work.

My worst cruise was on the Crown Princess where we were over run with noro and never made a port in 5 days. YUCK!

If you really want good entertainment try the Oasis or Allure of the Seas and some of their Freedom class ships.

They had some top notch entertainment every night when we went in November on the Oasis.

Bill

We have been waiting to do this for awhile.

Was waiting for price to come down on Oasis and Allure and that doesnt seem to be happening. Also itineraries in Caribbean leave something to be desired.

Thinking of doing it early May and notice we can do a 14 day Princess TA to N Europe for about same price as 7 day on Oasis.

Oh well no Oasis right now.:):)

We have been waiting to do this for awhile.

Was waiting for price to come down on Oasis and Allure and that doesnt seem to be happening. Also itineraries in Caribbean leave something to be desired.

Thinking of doing it early May and notice we can do a 14 day Princess TA to N Europe for about same price as 7 day on Oasis.

Oh well no Oasis right now.:):)

I would think booking the Oasis or Allure (for the first time) would be more about the ship than the itinerary.

Bill

I agree :D The Caribbean Princess is a great ship and the Oasis and Allure offer the best shows at sea.

Edited by janetz

I'm not a Carnival Cheerleader but people seem to be using the word "entertainment" when they should be using the word "shows". I'll agree, I don't care much for the shows on Carnival but I don't care much for the shows on other cruise lines as well. That being said, the comedy shows are usually good, I always enjoy the piano player, and have fun at the trivia games and those are part of the entertainment as well so overall, I'd say the entertainment is good on Carnival, just the shows need some work.

Shows have always been a major part of why we like to go cruising and why would you think the shows are not part of the entertaiment?

Unfortunately in the past few years Carnival has lost quite a few good piano bar entertainers and the last few we have seen dont seem to have read the manual on engaging the patrons sitting at the bar.

Will be on the Conquest next weekend and people say he is a good one. We sure hope so.

Carnival Cruise Line has been ranked as the most improved U.S. brand in consumer perception for the past year in YouGov’s BrandIndex Buzz Rankings Report, which evaluates consumer perceptions of companies across multiple categories.

Which puts them where before they plummeted?

Which puts them where before they plummeted?

Plummeted? Yeah, they were just running cargo barges. Whatever, the site is there for you to read.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by jimbo5544

Yes, plummeted. Confidence in this brand sunk to such a low, they were giving cruises away.

Reference for you post? Either point.... Show me where their cabin rates were different to the industry? Show me proof of your lack of confidence post...

If you think things are so bad, why are you here?

JMHO.

I haven't set foot on a Carnival ship since 2011, partly because I was disappointed with the cutbacks and decreasing quality of the product, and partly because we started trying other cruise lines and we REALLY liked what we experienced!

But I have to say that I do feel that Carnival is turning the corner and that the race to the bottom of the barrel seems to be over (with the departure of penny pinching Gerri Cahill, ugh). The changes that I've seen are in the right direction and have increased my interest in sailing on Carnival again. I wouldn't be surprised if I log another Carnival cruise before 2015 is over! :)

I think that Carnival still has a long way to go before they get back to where they were when they were my favorite cruise line, but at least they are moving in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Reference for you post? Either point.... Show me where their cabin rates were different to the industry? Show me proof of your lack of confidence post...

If you think things are so bad, why are you here?

Google any period after the Concordia incident.

Here's a top one.

http://standingpartnership.com/blog/entry/carnivals_still-sinking_ship_lessons_in_crisis_management

Smokers may disagree, but it doesn't look like the balcony smoking ban hurt Carnival at all. :cool:

The only ones that believed that Carnival would come back begging for the smokers were the smokers themselves. Pretty much the rest of the world saw the writing on the wall.

I find HASBRO! The Game Show to be of the highest quality of entertainment.

Checking the calendar.......Nope! Not April Fool's Day

What?!

The only ones that believed that Carnival would come back begging for the smokers were the smokers themselves. Pretty much the rest of the world saw the writing on the wall.

Actually, the dirty secret is they are all still smoking. There's pages of people dedicated to talking about it.

Google any period after the Concordia incident.

Here's a top one.

http://standingpartnership.com/blog/entry/carnivals_still-sinking_ship_lessons_in_crisis_management

Concordia sailed for Costa. This is a Carnival thread. I know Carnival owns Costa but the thread is regarding Carnival cruise lines. For the record, it was one incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums