Vancouver - sheets and pillows for cruise?

sarahruby

Yes, harmless for sure but, posters have given her a few things to think about.:)

I take my own pillow but it is down and it smooshes down to nothing as the last thing in my suitcase. I take it most everywhere since I cannot sleep on those foam rubber bouncy things.

My hubby has brought a pillow on our last couple of cruises' date=' but it's a very soft feathery one so it doesn't take up much space -- he actually put it in his guitar case. We drove to the port for those cruises, so he probably won't do it the next time space is at a premium.

But as far as bed linen, I guess if you had an extreme allergy to things washed in regular detergent that may be a reason. But one of our family members is allergic to regular detergent and hasn't had a problem with sleeping in the supplied linen -- heard no complaints about rashes. If one is a true germophobe, there may be other issues on board beyond sleeping in linen that would have been washed in hot water.[/quote']

I don't have allergies but once had an occasion to have lengthy conversation with HAL Hotel Director regarding laundry detergent with which the ship's linens are washed. He was extremely clear to point out they use products to try and keep as many allergies at bay as possible. There is much consideration given for all blankets, sheets, pillows, towels etc when they are purchasing new to keep them as allergen producing as possible.

There was a time my DD brought her own sheets. The 2 previous cruises she had broken out in a rash all over her legs and the only thing she could think of was the sheets. Did it twice and she didn't break out. Then she seemed to be over the reaction. Maybe they changed the detergent. It had nothing to do with cleanliness - just the rash.

We also bring our down pillow with us if we can. I've never brought it on a cruise (because of space) but any other time they travel with us.

We all have are issues OP. Bring your pillow and your bed sheets. I am so tired about hearing of folks ripping off the workers or annoying fellow passengers with rude behaviour that your question is actually a breath of fresh air.:)