wheelchair accessible beach & Bar

du4mch

Going to St Thomas next week and was wondering if there is any great Beach with a full bar service that is wheelchair accessible... My adult son is a Quadriplegic and would like to hang out by a beautiful beach with some shade and enjoy a few drinks! Some of us would also love to do a little snorkeling while we are there!

For snorkeling your choices are Coki, Sapphire, Secret Harbor. The taxi drop off puts you pretty close to the beach at Sapphire and SH. I was told by a condo owner at Sapphire that a woman in a wheelchair lives in the end unit in building A which is right next to the dive center, and the walkway between the condo bldg and dive center is definitely wheelchair accessible. So that would put you right on the beach. You can see in the webcam link below there is abundant natural shade close to the water in spots along the beach, I don't know if you could get to that or not. But you could certailny find shade at the dive center if necessary, and they sell beers and rum punches right there. The dive center rents snorkel gear, kayaks, lounges, mats, and other items but doesn't rent umbrellas as far as I know. The Banana Cabana is a beach grill selling sandwiches and has more drink options, they and the restaurant up the hill have runners on the beach.

www.sapphireinthesun.com

Secret harbor has a restaurant on the beach with more offerings but limited shade which is usually saved for the condo guests.

Coki is a busier beach and has vendors selling drings and food but I don't think you'd be able to get any shade or close to the water.