Left Behind

For those so inclined, Cozumel is famous around the world for watching drunk, panicked partiers running down the dock trying to make their ship.

It may have something to do with the sun... or perhaps it's the "inviting" location of Senior Frogs at the head of the pier, but according to crew members on a couple different lines, Cozumel is THE location for missed ships and loud cheers (and jeers) urging these pasted partiers on faster and faster down the dock.....

Dont believe me? Just google " pier runner in cozumel " and click on video's"...

:):eek:;)

We just returned January 11th, 2015 from Cruising the Eastern Caribbean on ms Eurodam.

We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the Eurodam.

I keep wondering though if anyone missed the boat. Ourselves due to a Sunwing screw up literally had to have the door harnesses re-attached to allow us on and a few others racing in cabs from the Airport. Did everyone make it?

We also heard on board that someone was left behind in St. Thomas. I have a curious mind and since we were on this cruise I would like to know details like this. Is there somewhere I can go and view our actual cruise itinerary ??

Somewhere that might tell us info like this. Thank you in advance

Lois & Scott

My family and I where on this sailing as well. Our luggage got lost at FLL so we where one of the last people on the ship there, we actually missed the muster drill and had to do it a 5pm that evening. As far as leaving people in St. Thomas, my brother-in-law went to listen to the captain talk and he said they did leave 5 people behind. We saw some running down the dock but we where already pushed back and they where too late. It was a great cruise though, maybe not so much for them.

As far as leaving people in St. Thomas, my brother-in-law went to listen to the captain talk and he said they did leave 5 people behind. We saw some running down the dock but we where already pushed back and they where too late. It was a great cruise though, maybe not so much for them.

Serves them right.

BTW, a friend of mine told me the ultimate missed ship story. They were cruising to Europe with stops in the Caribbean before the trans Atlantic. Some people went to the beach to swim with the stuff you usually take to the beach - swim suits, some cash, no ID, no passport, no credit card. The missed the ship and the next stop was Europe 5 or 6 days later.

Can you imagine how they felt?

DON

Serves them right.

BTW, a friend of mine told me the ultimate missed ship story. They were cruising to Europe with stops in the Caribbean before the trans Atlantic. Some people went to the beach to swim with the stuff you usually take to the beach - swim suits, some cash, no ID, no passport, no credit card. The missed the ship and the next stop was Europe 5 or 6 days later.

Can you imagine how they felt?

DON

For anything other than a walk around my neighborhood, I am never without a credit card and a bit of cash. Never.