Another Cheers Program question

redford huskie

From what I understand if you cruise out of texas you can't purchase until the 2nd day and then I also remember you won't have to worry about sales tax either that way.

for me I am looking at the 2nd day since that way I can get an idea of how much i might spend on drinks by that time :)

From what I understand if you cruise out of texas you can't purchase until the 2nd day and then I also remember you won't have to worry about sales tax either that way.

for me I am looking at the 2nd day since that way I can get an idea of how much i might spend on drinks by that time :)

There is no tax on the cheers program... it does not matter whether you purchase day one or two.. never a tax on the program... There is a tax on individual drinks ordered until the ship gets into international waters, but that tax is per drink ordered whether you are on the cheers program or not... no tax on cheers

I dont understand this logic to buying it the second day--

to save what?? a few dollars?

so you get nothing to drink from noon until after 6am the next day to save a few dollars?

help me out here-- what are we saving by doing this.

do you pay the whole entire amount for 7 days or does it get pro-rated minus the day?

so you get nothing to drink from noon until after 6am the next day to save a few dollars?

do you pay the whole entire amount for 7 days or does it get pro-rated minus the day?

If you buy Cheers on the second day, it gets pro-rated to subtract the first day. Since the first day is a partial-day anyhow, plus many will have carried on the allowed bottle of wine - people may find this a good option.

In Texas ports, I believe you can only buy Cheers on the second day (by local law).

Edited by PalmTree601

Travel day don't think I would drink to much if at hall
If you got up at 400 AM to make an early morning flight and you got on board tired, that would make sense. But if you flew into the port the night before, got on board at Noon, that gives you 15 hours of drinking on the day where you're the most excited and the extra adrenaline will enable you to knock down 15 over those 15 hours.

Since the first day is a partial-day anyhow
You only lose the morning if you get on board at Noon and still have 15 hours to drink.

Since the breakeven point is 6-7 drinks it's easy to consume at least that much before going to bed on embarkation day. So for me that makes purchasing Cheers as soon as I board the ship the most economical option.

In fact when I cruise out of Galveston I actually limit myself to what I would have spent for one day of Cheers on embarkation day.

Many people are stretching the budget to fit in Cheers, to some it is no concern. Saving the $114 for a couple just may free up money for other things especially if they would not be fully utilizing the program anyway.

Edited by ray98

Our kids are still deciding on whether to buy the cheers or not. I bought them some bar cash to cover the first couple drinks on board. Maybe buying the second day would make sense for them.

Can someone refresh my memory how much would it be per day? We are doing a 6 day so if purchased the 2nd day it would only be for 5 days. Just trying to help them figure out how much $$ they will be needingl oh and by kids they are all over 22

Our kids are still deciding on whether to buy the cheers or not. I bought them some bar cash to cover the first couple drinks on board. Maybe buying the second day would make sense for them.

Can someone refresh my memory how much would it be per day? We are doing a 6 day so if purchased the 2nd day it would only be for 5 days. Just trying to help them figure out how much $$ they will be needingl oh and by kids they are all over 22

The cost is 49.95 plus 15% tip per person per day

You will save $57 for each person.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I think I read the answer to my question....

Sailing out of Texas, we have to wait until day 2 because of the friggin' TABC laws.

So we pay for 6 days not 7?

That first day sucks to have to pay out of pocket.

But at least it's pro-rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums