Do all cruises sell out?

gfh77665

Because of specific reasons, I won't know if I can cruise on a certain date in late January, until just days before it sails. Is there generally "last minuet" availability? Or do most cruises sell out weeks in advance? Isn't January the "slow month"? Thanks.

Because of specific reasons, I won't know if I can cruise on a certain date in late January, until just days before it sails. Is there generally "last minuet" availability? Or do most cruises sell out weeks in advance? Isn't January the "slow month"? Thanks.

I think our Valor cruise this sunday is sold out

Depends. My next cruise has been sold out since about 21 days before sail date. I know of a TA that has 4 people on a wait list. I have been on other cruises that I was still able to book my category of stateroom up until two days prior to sailing (I was checking because I was booked ES). Since you probably don't want to book and then not go as you would lose you entire fare the only thing you can do is wait to book. Maybe you will get a great deal on a pack and go with the "perfect" room. Best of luck and happy cruising.

Carnival ships sail full.

There are whole teams of people whose only job is selling those last minute cabins that are still available, so by the time the ship sails there are no empty cabins.

That said, you can still get a cabin (if you are not picky about location) a few days before sail date.

if there are available cabins at the last minute they give these cabins to port workers but that is the last minute stuff ....most cruises within a few days they start the great deals to get rid of the cabins... if you have not booked within a few days prior, do not expect a good cabin, they start calling to upsell which leaves the lower catagory cabins open.

if there are available cabins at the last minute they give these cabins to port workers but that is the last minute stuff ....most cruises within a few days they start the great deals to get rid of the cabins... if you have not booked within a few days prior, do not expect a good cabin, they start calling to upsell which leaves the lower catagory cabins open.

My recent cruise in November, not with Carnival, only had 1,200 out of a possible 3,500 double occupancy passengers.

Carnival ships sail full.

There are whole teams of people whose only job is selling those last minute cabins that are still available, so by the time the ship sails there are no empty cabins.

That said, you can still get a cabin (if you are not picky about location) a few days before sail date.

Used to be true but now they will give not just away cabins and sail with empty ones from time to time.

I believe that it depends completely on the cruise. Last year, we sailed on the Valor out of San Juan and we sailed with empty cabins. Granted, there were passengers who got on in Barbados, but the ship was definitely not full at any point.

We asked our waiters because the dining room was pretty empty and we had sailed on the Valor before and knew what it was like the first time. They said it had something to do with that sailing originally being a special charter and that was also why we couldn't book shore excursions until we got on the ship. FYI - Several staff members said the break was nice for the first two days, but they would feel it when they didn't make as much money from that sailing.

I loved the lack of lines and crowds, but it seemed like it made the drink waiters more pushy.

Good Luck!

Thank you all for the replies. It seems I have a pretty good chance of still being able to book 4-5 days out, especially in January. I am making the assumption that the lower January prices are directly due to slower demand. Maybe I will luck into a "deal", but if it does sell out, nothing is lost. Thanks again.

Carnival says they do, but I know our last cruise on the Breeze wasn't full. Also the Glory was sailing by us at sailaway and that ship looked empty as well.

When carnival says they are sailing full, it only means that they have a count passenger that total the amount based on two to a cabin.. Since many cabins have 3 or 4 people in them, there are usually cabins empty. Some obviously sail with every cabin occupied, but just because carnival says they are full, does not mean every cabin is taken. You will see a lot of posts on here that say people had problems with their cabin and were moved to another. That would not be possible if every cabin was taken.

Our European cruise was 90% full when we sailed. Our Panama Canal was sold out on the website but they always have spare cabins available anyway and when we had a small air con leak in our cabin they offer us another 4k 9 doors down (we said no).

Now if they had French door cabins available they must have has many other categories spare too.

Edited by Velvetwater

Splendor on the feb 8th sailing has been out of suites for a few weeks now. and only one balcony shows., and 2 oceanviews. we still have a few weeks before we sail too

I'm not sure where you got this info. I just did a mock booking for ES purposes and there are over 20 balconies left for this sailing.

Carnival says they do, but I know our last cruise on the Breeze wasn't full. Also the Glory was sailing by us at sailaway and that ship looked empty as well.

Exactly, Carnival says they do, but how does anyone really know??

We sail at Christmas or NYE, so I assume these cruises are full.

But all cruises, all the time, seems unlikely.

I don't know how you would really know for sure if a ship is "full" or not.

Not to mention having every room sold and being at full occupancy is not the same thing either.

OP- If you want to book something last minute just be open to the idea that you may not get the category or location of room you may normally book. So you normally book a midship balcony, would you be happy with an extremely forward balcony? What about an ocean view room? If you are not picky that a last minute thing may be ok for you. I am very selective with my room selection process and pick specific rooms for very good reasons. I would have a hard time with this, but for the right price and the right room I would probably be ok with it.

I don't know how you would really know for sure if a ship is "full" or not.

Not to mention having every room sold and being at full occupancy is not the same thing either.

Some cruise lines have your name printed on a piece of paper on your mailbox if you're occupying said stateroom.