Anyone very recently off Noordam 10-day Seafarer cruise?

elycelynne

I'm wondering if the variety of nighttime activities has improved any? What I'm really hoping is that perhaps the nightly number of B.B. King Club shows in the Queen's Lounge has been cut from three to two. I was on the 11-day itinerary last year and found that there were only two nights when there was anything else in the Queen's Lounge, and those were the nights when the B.B. King band was either on the Mainstage or when they had the night off completely.

So are they still doing three shows per night, or will there be a chance of a little more variety in the Queen's Lounge? Better yet, if anyone could post the "On Location" dailies or even just the tear-off card that lists the activities, that would be great.

This might not be completely accurate, but we are fresh off the 11 day Wayfarer. BB King was on three times a night in the Queen's Lounge and one time in the Vista Lounge. I only remember two other offerings in the Queen's Lounge in the evenings and those were a sock hop and game show. Curiously, not the marriage game (or whatever it was called). It was something along the lines of "call my bluff".

I might add that Adagio was absent the first three nights of our cruise. We feared the worst and thought HAL made even further cut backs with Adagio. We were very happy to hear them again when they joined the cruise at one of our ports.

As for other nighttime activities, there were also several advertised game nights (Bridge & board games, etc) and a Lido Pool Party.

We noticed people were much dressier on smart casual nights than we remember in the past. Several men in suits and women in cocktail dresses. The piano bar & BB King were always hopping and we had trouble finding seats for shows in the Vista Lounge.

Thanks for the replies!

I happened to be reading akeka's review of their Eurodam cruise where she mentioned that they only did two shows per night and was hoping that maybe other ships were following suit. Guess not.

Do you remember if they at least have karaoke on either or both nights when the B.B. King band wasn't in the Queen's Lounge?

Thanks again!

(And I just realized that we were on the same cruise on the NIeuw Amsterdam three years ago -- The cruise director for the week I was aboard was in his cabin recovering from a concussion and the DJ and travel guide took over his duties for that week.)

Yes! Good memory! I think we met at the m&g:)

I could not remember which cruise it was, but your reminder of the recovering CD jogged my memory!

Hope you have a great time on the Noordam and maybe we will meet again on another DAM ship some day!

Did the Wayfarer/Seafarer B2B in Dec and the entertainment was a disappointment. BB King played in the main lounge twice and almost nightly in the other lounge so boringggg, we had a movie on 2 nights, the Marriage Game one night. One of the comedians was excellent and the ship's dancers/singers did some good shows - one of which was excellent and we went twice so make sure you check these out (we usually do not go to these but we were talked into it and were very glad that we had gone, which surprised us).

Did the Wayfarer/Seafarer B2B in Dec and the entertainment was a disappointment. BB King played in the main lounge twice and almost nightly in the other lounge so boringggg, we had a movie on 2 nights, the Marriage Game one night. One of the comedians was excellent and the ship's dancers/singers did some good shows - one of which was excellent and we went twice so make sure you check these out (we usually do not go to these but we were talked into it and were very glad that we had gone, which surprised us).

So in other words -- Nothing has changed since last year.

I know that the BB King band has a lot of fans, but I still think it's overkill to have them playing three sets in the Queen's Lounge practically every night (except for the one night they have completely off and the other night when they're on the main stage).

Was "Droom" the show that you went to twice? That was the one I was really impressed with last year when I went on the Wayfarer 11-day sailing. I'm hoping they have "Classique" this time on my 10-day sailing.