Can an underage person use the UBP for alcohol with parental consent?

So here's my dilemma...

We just booked a 2 bedroom suite on the Escape with the OBC, UDP and UBP promotion. It's my understanding that 2 people get the alcoholic UBP and 3rd and 4th passengers get soda packages.

I don't drink and would like to give the UBP to my son and take the soda package for myself. He won't be 21 but it's my understanding that we can sign a consent for him to drink as long as we are in international waters.

Is there a way to make him the "2nd" passenger to get the alcoholic UBP?

I would appreciate no judging me please;)

Thanks for your help!

I don't know the specific answer to your question. But I would guess no, because I think that the under 21's get a special sticker so the bartenders know.

We took my then 19 year old son and the Epic last year and gave him permission to drink. I believe it is only beer and wine.

No... you must be 21 to purchase/use a beverage package... even the beer & wine one.

http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

Hmmm...

The link says: "Also not available for guests under the age of 25 years old on domestic itineraries during blackout dates of March 1 – April 15..."

We will be sailing in January. If we have 2 UBP passes with alcohol and 2 soda only I would think we should be able to choose who uses which one ???

Maybe it's the law and not alcohol content. Then again, why would any responsible adult...nevermind, I just answered my own question.

Maybe because in many countries a 19 yr old is considered a responsible adult!

Hmmm...

The link says: "Also not available for guests under the age of 25 years old on domestic itineraries during blackout dates of March 1 – April 15..."

We will be sailing in January. If we have 2 UBP passes with alcohol and 2 soda only I would think we should be able to choose who uses which one ???

Nope...their ship - their rules. You will have to decide if that's a deal breaker for you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope...their ship - their rules. You will have to decide if that's a deal breaker for you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely not a deal breaker. Just trying to understand the rules and knew the knowledgeable veterans on this board would help :D

(I don't, however, appreciate the judgmental and condescending remarks but had a feeling I would get them with this topic...oh well...as long as I get the answers from the nice posters)

Definitely not a deal breaker. Just trying to understand the rules and knew the knowledgeable veterans on this board would help :D

(I don't, however, appreciate the judgmental and condescending remarks but had a feeling I would get them with this topic...oh well...as long as I get the answers from the nice posters)

Absolutely NO judgment from me!

I was just stating that they (the cruise line) gets to set ALL the rules - and they do expect us to follow them. Many choose not to....but that is for a different thread!! 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If we have 2 UBP passes with alcohol and 2 soda only I would think we should be able to choose who uses which one ???
You don't get to choose, they will be assigned automatically based on the guest sequence in your room (and the ages of the guests). If you ask them to switch the names around to make your underaged son #2, you will end up with 3 soda packages and only one UBP. So don't do that.

You don't get to choose, they will be assigned automatically based on the guest sequence in your room (and the ages of the guests). If you ask them to switch the names around to make your underaged son #2, you will end up with 3 soda packages and only one UBP. So don't do that.

Good to know...Thanks! I guess we'll just have to try to work it out when we get on the ship.

Ignore the ignorance. If a 18-year old can go to war, they can drink. Period.