boarding the ship

Nan-L

Was just going over all my info when I saw they Princess has certain times for certain decks now..Do they really follow this as we have always been able to get on the ship when we get to the port.

My boarding say 2:00?? I'm do have priority boarding.

Also my sister is coming with me and this is her 1st time on Princess, will she be able to go in with me?

Edited by Nan-L

If you get there at the time they have just opened the ship and are still letting the Platinum, suite, and Elites aboard, you may have to wait a few minutes till those who are not board. We travel with some friends who are not Platinum and we had to wait till their time if we all wanted to board together. It only took a few extra minutes. But if everyone is boarding, go when you can. It is only a suggested time to try and stagger the boarding process.

I am Elite so it works for us I guess.. She's in the same cabin so we can board at the same time. Staying with my Bro a few days before cruise in West Palm Beach, it's where I'm from originally. So plan to get there early.

Thank you for all the info

For my past few cruises, we've received the "emergency" email that says not to arrive before 1 PM. And each time, we were there long before that and were never told to leave and come back. I don't think they even check. I'm guessing this is the way they try to avoid everyone coming at the same time, but for us, two of those three times, there was no line to check in.

Platinum level passengers get Priority Embarkation and you can board generally earlier than others disregarding the time given. There will obviously be a time that they start boarding the first passenger and typically many Platinum and Elite passengers will be there so some delay if you tried to board first. Your Platinum level allows your entire group to board together this is defined as all those in your cabin or all those on your booking form.

Regards John Watson