Things to do Miami

magpie72

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could suggest some things for me and my husband to do/see in Miami. We are staying there for 5 nights in September at the Fontainebleau after our cruise. We do not have a car so ideally wouldnt be too far for us to go. Thanks....

Elaine

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could suggest some things for me and my husband to do/see in Miami. We are staying there for 5 nights in September at the Fontainebleau after our cruise. We do not have a car so ideally wouldnt be too far for us to go. Thanks....

Elaine

Ooh I'm jealous!!

Unfortunately the area you are in isn't great for walking around and doing things but it is a short bus ride or cab ride to South Beach.

Of course you are staying at one of the most gorgeous hotels on the planet and there are lots of options right on property.

My favorite restaurant in the world, The Forge is right around the corner from the hotel. Very cool Miami landmark.

September is still our summer so make sure you stock up on sunblock.

One of the great things is that September is low season so you will not find any crowds. The ocean temps are very balmy.

One of my favorite sources for where to dine and where to have fun is at http://www.Thrillist.com and click on Miami. Matt Meltzer is a great writer and his lists are spot on!

Have fun and let me know if you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Ah cheers for that info, much appreciated......yes, we heard it was a fab hotel so decided to stay there.......1st time visitng the place and I cant wait......good to know it wont be too busy either and that it will still be hot....we dont get much sun here in the UK.......i have also visited you blog and will do again nearer the time.....

once again, thanks......

Elaine