Future Cruise Reward problem...

saxgirl84

I just finished a week long cruise on the Epic and while onboard, decided I would buy a Future Cruise Reward... Of course I didn't get the actual reward certificate until the last morning.

I grabbed the envelope and paperwork from the "mailbox" on the room number thing outside in the hallway and put it in my carry on luggage, as I had a post cruise tour booked and had to get to the Epic Theater by 8am, and had 6 flights of stairs to navigate down, so I didn't have time to really check things out...

On the bus to the Everglades, I opened the envelope to discover that someone else's name/room number/lattitudes reward # was listed on the certificate inside the envelope that had my name/room # on the outside. Obviously someone made a mistake, but at this point, it was too late to go to the rewards desk to take care of it b/c I was already off the ship... I put my request in the "drop box" on Wed, and it took until the last day for me to get the certificate (and that was after my 2nd call to find out about it, after they charged my room account but never posted the "OBC" until the last morning as well...)

I'm not finding a telephone number on NCL for the FCR (possibly b/c it's an "on board only" type thing?) I just really want to get the correct # so I can book my next cruise ASAP. Any advice?

I just finished a week long cruise on the Epic and while onboard, decided I would buy a Future Cruise Reward... Of course I didn't get the actual reward certificate until the last morning.

I grabbed the envelope and paperwork from the "mailbox" on the room number thing outside in the hallway and put it in my carry on luggage, as I had a post cruise tour booked and had to get to the Epic Theater by 8am, and had 6 flights of stairs to navigate down, so I didn't have time to really check things out...

On the bus to the Everglades, I opened the envelope to discover that someone else's name/room number/lattitudes reward # was listed on the certificate inside the envelope that had my name/room # on the outside. Obviously someone made a mistake, but at this point, it was too late to go to the rewards desk to take care of it b/c I was already off the ship... I put my request in the "drop box" on Wed, and it took until the last day for me to get the certificate (and that was after my 2nd call to find out about it, after they charged my room account but never posted the "OBC" until the last morning as well...)

I'm not finding a telephone number on NCL for the FCR (possibly b/c it's an "on board only" type thing?) I just really want to get the correct # so I can book my next cruise ASAP. Any advice?

Your FCC "coupon" should be showing up very soon on your general NCL account.

We've never needed actually to "present" the coupon.

Either the NCL PCC could "see it" on our account, or our Travel Agent called NCL so she could apply it to our selected cruise.

(But that's a bit sloppy of NCL.

It's no one else's business who has purchased FCC's, or how many, etc.)

GeezerCouple

Since its attached to her latitudes number no one else could use it.

Technically transferring the certificate isn't that hard for a crook (can be done over phone/email relatively easy depending on person handling the transfer) but they would definitely know who actually used it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to use my FCR as the deposit on a new booking and it won't let me do it online, do I have to call to use it? It keeps telling me I don't have enough for the deposit. I'm trying to book a balcony B6 room, shouldn't that be covered by the certificate? Or am I misunderstanding this certificate? Help!! :-)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Call Reservations at NCL and ask a representative to use your Future Cruise Rewards as your deposit. 1-866-234-7350

Thanks. Thats what i was afraid of... been on hold for almost 2 hours now... was hoping there was a quicker/ easier way. Oh well :-)

Wow, you got someone else's and I didn't get one at all. Just off the Epic, purchased the FRC was told I would have confirmation the next day. (That was on Friday evening. Saturday it never came, called and was told the Cruise Consultant was working on them, and I would have it before I left the ship. Well this morning still nothing was there. (Cruise consultant's mail box full, she's not answering and can't leave a message) Front desk say's they'll have her e-mail it. (I'm not holding my breath)

I know I don't need the certificate, however I will be calling tomorrow.

As far as I know, and I've purchased on one every cruise, after you purchase, it's noted on your Latitude account. An actual certificate isn't needed. In fact, I don't recall ever receiving any paper certificate, maybe just a receipt. Anytime I book the next cruise, the PCC already knows I have a FCR on file. You say you were charged for it, however I would call NCL to confirm it is on your account.

For OP's Epic sailing, the FCR should be listed/posted on the Final Statement & Charges for the cruise if case there's any question. It is attached to the Latitude Number and signed into your NCL account, it will (should) be listed there. Call NCL's Phoenix Reservations number listed above & they can also check and reconfirm it's been properly credited & linked to your account.

As for the FCR, we have a paper "certificate" issued back in 2011 by NCL Jewel's Cruise Consultant, and a reminer that the $250 USD/CDN deposit is credited and valid for up to 4 years to book an sail on a cruise of 6 ddays or longer ...

Our FCR purchase from 2014 from the Breakaway did NOT come with a certificate as before, but did come with a different "form" letter while we're still onboard. The deposit can be given away as a gift to someone else to use (or transferred, etc.) by the Latitude member credited originally with the deposit needs to inform NCL and request the arrangements to be done - thus, don't worry about someone else misusing it (nothing is absolute, of course ;) )