Uniworld Grand France question

jklc123

On the train trip from Paris to Lyon, do I assume correctly that you must take your luggage with you on the train? I'm thinking we'll want to limit our luggage to be able to handle this as easily as possible. Did it seem safe to leave luggage in the storage space at the end of your section of the train?

On the train trip from Paris to Lyon, do I assume correctly that you must take your luggage with you on the train? I'm thinking we'll want to limit our luggage to be able to handle this as easily as possible. Did it seem safe to leave luggage in the storage space at the end of your section of the train?

When we did a similar trip with Tauck they sent our luggage including carry-ons if you wished on to Lyon by truck and all we carried on board the train was a small bag for the pair of us. I would assume that most cruise companies would do a similar thing but perhaps you should contact them to get all the facts.

When we did a similar trip with Tauck they sent our luggage including carry-ons if you wished on to Lyon by truck and all we carried on board the train was a small bag for the pair of us. I would assume that most cruise companies would do a similar thing but perhaps you should contact them to get all the facts.

Uniworld does do the same thing. I should have called them in the first place.

By the way, on our Rhine cruise, two of our favorite dining companions were a retired judge and his wife from Perth.

On the train trip from Paris to Lyon, do I assume correctly that you must take your luggage with you on the train?

We'll be doing the TGV from Paris to Lyon in March, but that's because we're only doing half of your cruise. We will fly into Paris for a short pre-cruise stay, and then we will take the train to Lyon on our own to catch the boat for the Rhone portion of your trip.

I don't mind lugging our luggage on the trains. It forces us to pack light! :)

We'll be doing the TGV from Paris to Lyon in March, but that's because we're only doing half of your cruise. We will fly into Paris for a short pre-cruise stay, and then we will take the train to Lyon on our own to catch the boat for the Rhone portion of your trip.

I don't mind lugging our luggage on the trains. It forces us to pack light! :)

I just immersed myself in your wonderful August report, which I had missed. The farthest north into Scotland we've been is the Isle of Skye but we'd love to explore more. Also were inspired by your jaunts around London as we'd like to return and wouldn't feel the need to hit the tourist highlights.

So we look forward to your Burgundy and Provence report!

• 2 weeks later...
I just immersed myself in your wonderful August report, which I had missed. The farthest north into Scotland we've been is the Isle of Skye but we'd love to explore more. Also were inspired by your jaunts around London as we'd like to return and wouldn't feel the need to hit the tourist highlights.

So we look forward to your Burgundy and Provence report!

Thanks! I've been meaning to finish that, with some details and pictures from our 4 day jaunt around Iceland after the cruise ended. We had a great time! Maybe I will get around to it over the next few weeks.

The North Atlantic cruise is a favorite for us. Love Iceland and never get tired of visiting.

In the meantime, getting excited about the Rhône cruise coming up in less than 2 months. Looking forward to writing that trip report!