Bahia Mar Beach Resort- FLL?

Nicole721

We're sailing on the Caribbean Princess on 1/7 and ended up with the Bahia Mar Beach Resort (3*, $130/night) on Priceline. I usually take the reviews from tripadvisor.com with a grain of salt because I've read many bad reviews for so many good hotels before, but I'm a bit concerned at what I've read about the cleanliness and condition of the hotel. Can anyone tell me if it's a decent hotel in decent condition?

TIA :)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we also got the Bahia Mar last May through Priceline. I believe we paid 75 a night. I found the hotel to be dirty, old, and not even worth the little money that we paid. We stayed postcruise and weren't allowed to check in until 4:30pm and when we got into the room the trashcan had not been emptied and it didn't look like much was done other than making the bed. I know you're pretty much locked in with Priceline. I would suggest planning a lot of activities so you're at the hotel very little.

I stayed here last March compliments of priceline for $100. This is a perfectly fine hotel, its a bit on the older side, but we didn't have the experience as the above poster. Our room was clean and perfectly fine for our pre-cruise stay. I would definately stay here again.

I also stayed there last Feb. and it was perfectly fine. The room was clean and substantial. I also did not have the problems that the above poster had. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

once this past Jan and again for two nights this past Feb. Room was clean and furnishings etc appeared in good condition. The location was great - home of the water taxis, The Jungle Queen and also has a great deli where you can get bagels, breakfast sandwhiches, deli sand. and salads to take to the beach - at grocery store pricing. We even got some pop & liquer there to take with on the ship. We highly recommend this hotel.

It is going to be better than ever. There is a new manager who is VERY able and he will be making major improvements. I don't know about any sort of new construction but I do know that this man will be running a very clean, well run hotel.

Just got Bahia Mar through priceline for 9/16 pre cruise. Do they have a airport/port shuttle? If not, any idea how much a taxi is from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the cruiseport? Thanks:)

They don't have shuttles, but perhaps $15 or so from FLL and less than $10 into Port Everglades.

We just stayed there pre cruise one night, Aug. 5.

We loved it!

We got it on Priceline for 3* downtown/beach zones for $47 first bid.

The taxi to the hotel from FLL was $15 including tip and to Port Everglades $8 including tip. This was better than taking the hotel shuttle to PE which would have been $6 per person and packed in like sardines.

As complete newbies to Priceline as well as to cruising, we called the hotel directly to confirm our reservation and request a King bed. They didn't have one upon check in and we were upgraded from pool/garden view to Oceanfront w/ 2 doubles. Great upgrade! Loved our 10th floor view.

Our hotel floor seemed completely refurbed. The room was freshly painted, the bedspreads also seemed new. The staff was quite personable and helpful, making restaurant and nightlife recommendations as well as for shopping. They seemed to go out of their way to be of assistance.

Saw a few manager types w/ walkie talkies and polo shirts checking out the facilities. The pool was also very nice.

You can't go wrong w/ this hotel. It's also great that it's a stop on the river taxi. We made good use of that during our less than 24 hours at Bahia Mar.

Enjoy!

What, if any, casual restaurants are within a walking distance of a few blocks to the Bahia Mar? I've read of the deli that is close by... is it on the grounds of the hotel? Any other restaurants? We have a group of at least 12-15 and some are not able to walk far. Also, any recent stays at this hotel....what are your thoughts? Thanks!

We very much enjoyed our stay and have a positive view of the hotel. See above post and click on my username and you'll see other related reviews of the hotel in other posts I've done recently.

The bellman recommended a restaurant across the street and one a few properties down. We didn't go to those but instead took the water taxi to Riverwalk.

Without too much walking, you can take the water taxi up to the Riverwalk area, disembarking right in front of many resturants. There was one inexpensive well regarded one, Max something. We didn't do that one as we didn't realize what the deal was at the time. We also did late night snacking at the Marriott Beach Place Cheeburger Cheeburger. That's also a stop on the water taxi, but late at night you won't be able to get back to the hotel w/o walking. Try it for lunch if you like a good burger. ;)

Oasis Cafe is a couple of blocks north... http://www.fortlauderdalebeachrestaurants.com/html/oasis/home.htm

Continuing up the beach there are several more restaurants a couple of blocks farther north.

You can always take the Water Taxi from the hotel to Las Olas Blvd. (Riverside Hotel stop) for Cheesecake Factory and many more restaurants... http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

Water Taxi info... http://www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

Archived